

Agenda for Showstoppers' Committee Meeting

2nd June 2015, 5pm in 34/1025

Expected

SK – Sevan Keoshgerian (President)
BW – Ben Willcocks (Vice-President)
AB – Andy Banks (Secretary)
AM – Angry Morgan (Treasurer)
PJ – Phoebe Judd (Social Secretary)
JM – Jamie Martin (Development Officer)
JHR – Jess Hector (Development Officer)
CH – Charlie House (Webmaster & Promotions Officer)
CL – Cat Lewis (Tours Officer)
LE – Lydia Edge (Ordinary Member)
DM – Danny McNamee (Ordinary Member)

Apologies & Absences

Non-Committee

RJ – Robin Johnson
JHY – Jamie Hemingway

Munch Duty

Angry (Grapes, Chocolate Donuts, Mini-Rolls)

Agenda

I. EDINBURGH UPDATE

SK: We're all finished with exams, so now we can focus on what's really important

RJ: So for the Dogfight Update, we're writing a press release, we may have missed deadline but it's for C Venues and they miss deadlines all the time, so it's fine! Cooper have missed it too. Also, Music Theatre South are advertising Dogfight as their southern premiere, except we do our previews 2 months before them, so we come to an agreement that we advertise as the southern amateur premiere, I don't think it matters that much. As for Cooper, I don't know what's going with that show!

Sev has actually been blocked from the Cooper group, discussion about various issues and concerns in communication around accommodation. Confusion, and resultant panic, on prices of accommodation and Edinburgh has been quite widespread.

Film screenings, the Olympics Ninja Tournament and Cabaret are all fundraisers happening in the coming days.

RJ: Back to Dogfight, the band search has also ground to a halt which we will look into.

II. PITCHES

SK: Yeah, we're gonna have Nuffield pitches after this!

*Consensus that Sev should make a post about Freshers and Small pitches. Make an event Sev. Book a room too. Or delegate! *wink wink, nudge nudge Ben**

Sev and Ben will book a room and post an event for Freshers/Small pitches.

III. TREASURER UPDATE

AM: We did a pitching budget video

AB: I used it to make my first ever budget!

AM: It was long

CH: The outtakes were hilarious

Ben imagines Charlie standing behind the camera with cue cards. Cat said sometimes Angry talked in bad English.

CH: We did 4 hours of filming for 7 minute video...

AM: I'm sorting out payments with Phoebe for the meal, I'll be transferring the money to my account and then to the Vestry, as taking it all in cash is dangerous. I still need to fully sort out Into the Woods, just waiting on a few receipts still. I made an Edinburgh thing, Robin's gonna send me the one that Jed did, for me and Kaus to work out how much money we have raised. It looks like this so far, but it doesn't have everything (eg. The Surge Radio for Strawberries intake). Cooper have got £270, Dogfight have got £380 and Strawberries have got £230. That's just from money from the tuck shop, cake sale, cinema screening. We've still got cabaret and sports day to come this week. We need to talk budgets with teams soon. There's been an email about the loan, Sev and Andy got it too.

Sev and Andy both recoil in horror, having not checked their emails.

AM: It's about loan that we need to sign, we need to read conditions then all sign it as a committee. Shall I email it all to you and you can read it before the next meeting?

CH: Didn't the email say it was urgent?

DM: Could you put a copy of the email on the Facebook group?

CH: I'll do that now

Charlie's Obligatory Weekly Applause is early today!

Angry will continue to sort out Into the Woods money, and pay the Vestry for the Leavers' Meal. She will talk budgets with the Dogfight and Cooper teams in the near future.

IV. SOCIAL UPDATE

Everyone sign up for Olympics! Phoebe is trying to organise it and people aren't signing up, stressfulness.

PJ: There's been a bit of stress with the Vestry, they thought I hadn't paid the deposits, but I had, they realised and it was all fine. I've got everyone's menu stuff.

AM: You can see who's paid on the column, I think it's ok at the moment, well actually not many have paid!

V. DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

JM: So, in the last 24 hours I've had 13 acts either change songs or drop out.

JHR: But that's fine because we had too many as it stood.

JM: Before we had over 40, now we around 30-ish, just because of the amount of people changing and dropping out. I've got 5 different lists of when they're gonna be, I'll be sorting them all out tonight. I've also got all the tracks sorted out and am arranging the order, I'll give it to Charlie on USB stick with the tracks numbered.

BW: How's it gonna run? Will you guys be presenting it or?

JHR: We'll open it and close it, maybe speak between the acts.

BW: Is Sev gonna do a speech?

Sev is flustered.

JM: Cabaret's long enough without speeches too.

JHR: The idea, is me and Jamie are gonna introduce it

CL: Would you briefly be introducing the next act?

LE: You'll need to, otherwise people will be having a drink, or forget, then suddenly panic.

AM: Is there someone on the door?

JM: I don't know yet.

DM: I'm happy to, if you need someone.

JHR: We've planned for half an hour of faffing before it gets going, if people are still coming in afterwards we'll get someone on the door.

JM: Maybe if one of us introduces the acts then we switch, other than that, everything sounds perfect.

JHR: I haven't had the full tech invoice yet.

CH: They normally do it afterwards.

JHR: Just quickly, I collated the sheet music, put it into ranges and voice types and order, and put it on the website, there are just a few mistakes that need ironing out.

Round of applause for Jess.

Andy and Jamie will meet up next week to sort out the sheet music ranges and shiz.

VI. WEB & PROMOTIONS UPDATE

CH: Yeah we did a budget video, uploaded some sheet music stuff, I also made the web links with TG, so you can access your TG and StageSoc profiles from your Showstoppers one. In the past 2 weeks, we've had 2578 views on the website too!

2nd round of obligatory applause for Charlie.

VII. ORDINARY UPDATE

Danny points at Lydia. Praise be to Queen Ordinary.

LE: I've messaged Wessex and Caroline's, the shirts will be cheaper at £11.39 from Caroline's, than £13.20 from Wessex. We can't have the exact same colour as website, and if we go navy with white writing, we're exactly the same as StageSoc.

AM: A lighter blue?

Royal blue? Teal? Cyan? 13 colours? We shall come back to this.

DM: Can I go round the circle and get S, M or L from everyone?

He gets the sizes on pen and paper. Good old-fashioned McNamee.

LE: I've set the feedback deadline on Sunday, I aim to collate it after it closes for the next committee meeting.

Lydia and Danny will look into different shades of blue available for the shirts, and start closing and collating feedback at the end of this week/start of next week.

VIII. A.O.B.

PJ: I'm gonna try and book a venue for the Christmas Meal.

RJ: Maybe wait until the Annex dates meeting.

PJ: I knew I was waiting for something!

CL: Obviously, the 24 show on Saturday, so anyone who hasn't paid show clothing, pay him. Because of various reasons, there are at this point people who know the show who shouldn't, I think some of that has crossed into knowledge of casting which is not correct. There's nothing we can do except for moving on and trying to keep secret nature of it.

BW: Now it's June, we need to think of room bookings for next year. Secondly, as for my pitch, neither of the choreographers can now come because of last minute things, so if you have a lot of technical dance questions, I ask for flexibility on my answers.

CH: It's time for another newsletter, has anyone got anything to go in?

Cabaret, Craft of the Cooper Surge show next Monday.

LE: I can't remember who, but someone suggested doing a producing workshop at some point in the next year would be handy to train up some people so they know what to do, as a lot of experienced producers are leaving this year.

JM: Put that on the feedback form! Also, I don't know whether we need to think of moving summer cabaret for next time, as lots of people are dropping out because they didn't have time due to exams.

RJ: Between Show in a Week being next week, and only just having introduced cabaret this year, scheduling them has been difficult which is why this has happened.

JHY: Can you all change your cover photos to the 24 show ones please?

Next Committee Meeting: Tuesday 9th June, 6pm, room TBC.