

Minutes from Showstoppers' Committee Meeting

15th October 2015, 6pm in 58/1035

Expected

SK – Sevan Keoshgerian (President)

BW – Ben Willcocks (Vice-President)

AB – Andy Banks (Secretary)

AM – Angry Morgan (Treasurer)

PJ – Phoebe Judd (Social Secretary)

JM – Jamie Martin (Development Officer)

JH – Jess Hector (Development Officer)

CH – Charlie House (Webmaster & Promotions Officer)

CL – Cat Lewis (Tours Officer)

DM – Danny McNamee (Ordinary Member)

Apologies & Absences

LE – Lydia Edge (Ordinary Member) – Apologies (sorting out Masters stuff)

Munch Duty

Phoebe PHOEBE RBROUGHT MUNCH!!!!!!

Agenda

REINTRODUCTION OF SWEAR JAR

I. FRESHERS UPDATE

BW: So, rehearsals are going really really well!

JH: We sat in on some rehearsals, it looks amazing, the prod team are amazing; the creative team in particular are doing really well.

CL: Can I come to a meeting at some point? I'll put something on the prod team group

BW: We had a meeting about publicity today, starting to sort out the design for flyers/posters and stuff, doing a trailer later on.

Swear Update:

- Sev x 2
- Charlie x 2
- Angry x 1
- Jamie x 1
- Danny x 1

II. SMALL UPDATE

AB: We have a cast now! We'll be meeting with Becky and Megan to sort out the keyboard situation. We are having a readthrough this Sunday, so we need liaison elections.

Nominations for Cast Liaison: Danny McNamee vs. RON

Danny is voted in as Company's Cast Liaison

Nominations for Production Liaison: Charlie House vs. RON

Charlie is voted in as Company's Production Liaison

Swear Update:

- Cat x 2

III. MAIN UPDATE

AB: Pitches are due Monday midnight, I've made a form on the group for people interested in pitching to contact each other.

IV. EDINBURGH UPDATE

CL: Well the feedback forms are out now!

DM: We've only had 2 responses, so we should plug them more/

Cat and Danny will spam the Edinburgh feedback links. Andy and Sev will move up props, set and costume to the PA House at 11am on Friday.

V. TREASURER UPDATE

AM: Yeah, so the Cooper house deposits don't exist apparently. I messaged Aimee asking how they work, and she said it was never a deposit, just a first instalment, which is ok, but that was how I was gonna get people's show deposits and membership. But on the positive side, I think Cooper will make profit anyway, but it does mean that half the cast haven't paid membership, and I don't know whether I could chase them up on it, but it is now 2 months after Edinburgh, and they would need to pay for last year but if they paid now it would be them paying for this year.

CH: If they paid you directly rather than SUSU, that would work.

CL: Also it depends on who hasn't paid you, people like Paddy and Charissa are gone.

AM: It's mostly the Jazzmanix people, also I don't know which of the prod team should be paying. What Im saying is, should I stuff it, or keep trying, as it would end up being worth about £60?

PJ: It's worth doing a post

AM: In that case, I'm really sorry Cat but could you post in the Cooper group?

CL: I'll combine it with bumping the feedback form.

AM: I'll give you the list of people who need to pay membership. Now I've got all of Cooper's receipts, it should have made £100-200 profit, I'll have the final amount for next week. Dogfight, Robin needs to post off all the things we signed for those who gave money, and then send receipts from those, whilst Fliss needs to send me hers still. Yeah, I'll be able to work out the show deposits for Dogfight. I don't think we've made a profit, but it now shouldn't be more than £10 off each show deposit.

SK: I emailed C Venues this morning, and haven't heard back from them yet.

AM: For membership, can people start getting that? That will help the financial situation, and also can I pop into Footloose rehearsal to push membership, actually maybe I'll wait until after Ball tickets. I'll come in and push the Ball.

PJ: We need 6 more people to fill the deposit.

AM: I realised next week is only time I can come into Footloose rehearsals as I have Medea afterwards, to push Ball payments.

Angry and Cat will post and chase Cooper members about membership. Angry will also collate the final amount of profit from Cooper, as well as going to a Footloose rehearsal to push the Ball, whilst Jess and Ben will warn freshers ahead that she's coming to collect money.

VI. SOCIAL UPDATE

PJ: We need 6 more people, according to the Facebook event, to buy tickets, and then we won't lose any money. We just really do need people, as we would lose £20 per person otherwise, I need people to come to the ball. The white t-shirt social will be happening, I haven't done anything yet but I'll do it in a bit, I've been ill. We had a Halloween social planned with the other theatrical societies, but Trini now wants to open it to all PA.

VII. DEVELOPMENT & WORKSHOPS UPDATE

JH: So we're doing a workshop tonight!

SK: We all need to be there, except if you're in rehearsals.

JM: Yeah thank you to our guests doing it in advance!

JH: That's Dandy (Danny & Andy, so funny)

JM: I haven't done anything more for Baby Wants Candy, I won't know until they've got back to me. Basically I'm at the point of talking with people, seeing if they want to do a specific workshop and go from there. Most people so far want more proper people in, so I'm looking into others. TG are doing a School of Night workshop for only £3 unless you're TG member, so go to that. We're organising cabaret too.

JH: We're just prioritising tonight, then organising cabaret.

AM: Have you booked a place for the 11th?

JH: Yeah we're getting there, we just need to book the Bridge.

CH: The Bridge is booked on 11th November.

Charlie finds lots of times when the Bridge is booked, every Wednesday in November

Jamie and Jess will look into possible dates and venues for cabaret as soon as possible.

VIII. WEB & PROMOTIONS UPDATE

CH: So I sent out the newsletter, but it didn't work

NO APPLAUSE

CH: I've also put the cast lists and cover pages up, and yeah I'm gonna be taking photos for the workshop now.

Half-hearted applause from Jamie.

Charlie x 1

CH: Also, apparently Main Show is actually Spring Show, just because some old members are complaining about that.

Possible motion to change it back in the constitution? To be revisited at a later date.

Swear Update:

- Charlie x 2

IX. ORDINARY UPDATE

Nothing again!

X. A.O.B.

AM: I'm gonna raise this, because we talked about it ages ago, Independent Shows! Like the possibility of doing them, people have unofficially talked to me if they're possible, so I think it would be something worth us discussing.

To come back to after the rest of A.O.B.

CL: Please fill in the feedback forms if you were part of Edinburgh.

JH: You should have all received nvites to my birthday, please come!

BW: Me and Kimberly have sent off a sponsorship request to Wild Lime, for £200.

CH: Apparently we need to speak to Becky about keyboards, the funding feedback was "Message Becky to ask about which says we would need the keyboard." We need to ask for Monday, Friday and Sunday.

Charlie will post about this on the committee group, and we will draft an email together.

SK: Joe Barr sent me a message a while ago, but I didn't reply until today, about Andy Fisher. He's wanting to record his Nativity musical, so people interested in that should get involved.

Andy will forward the Andy Fisher email to Charlie to forward to Showstoppers.

SK: For Freshers' and Small, can you have some joint warmups & games stuff together, so cast members can get to know the others?

INDEPENDENT SHOWS

SK: First off, how feasible are they?

AM: I talked to Ruthie and asked about how TG do independent shows. She said that they get £200 contribution from TG (but normally shows don't so they're different), and everything else is from ticket sales and production team members' pockets, ie the society cover a £200 loss, whilst the rest comes from the production team members themselves. You can actually do some righted shows by only having the piano part and a really intense, short rehearsal period to reduce the costs, as well as self-written shows.

CH: If the show made a profit, would we take it?

Lots of talk about the possibilities and problems and things to do with provisional Independent Shows. No general consensus or conclusion is reached, and we will therefore be revisiting this at a later date.