

# Minutes from Showstoppers' Committee Meeting

3<sup>rd</sup> February 2015, 2pm in 25/1007

## Expected

SK – Sevan Keoshgerian (President)  
BW – Ben Willcocks (Vice-President)  
AB – Andy Banks (Secretary)  
AM – Angry Morgan (Treasurer)  
PJ – Phoebe Judd (Social Secretary)  
JH – Jess Hector (Development Officer)  
JM – Jamie Martin (Development Officer)  
CL – Cat Lewis (Tours Officer)  
CH – Charlie House (Webmaster & Promotions Officer)  
LE – Lydia Edge (Ordinary Member)  
DM – Danny McNamee (Ordinary Member)

## Apologies & Absences

### Non-Committee Present

GT – Gem Tunley

### Munch Duty

Sev

## Agenda

- I. SMALL UPDATE
- II. MAIN UPDATE
- III. SUMMER UPDATE
- IV. DEVELOPMENT & WORKSHOPS UPDATE

*I WAS VERY LATE AND AM AN AWFUL COMMITTEE MEMBER, LET ALONE THE SECRETARY. DEAR GOD, CANARD PLEASE FORGIVE ME.*

### V. EDINBURGH & INDEPENDENT UPDATE

CL: I met with Catherine last week, the main thing she asked was to be able to apply for different venues, including C Venues but also outside. They want a stage with 60 seats and a thrust. They're looking into Summerhall, Assembly, Zoo and The Space, they'll get all the information back before making any decisions. At the moment they think they'll probably end up going with C, but if there were significantly better offers from elsewhere, they might try for them. There's a deadline at end of this month in terms of cheaper venue hire for C Venues, and Catherine knows about that. Film nights are starting this Sunday with Spelling Bee, and the bottle game for Company needs to happen, and go to TG's EGM today in education if you can make it, it impacts us whether they go to Edinburgh or not.

DM: When is the Fringe Affiliation deadline?

SK: I think the venue do that for us

BW: As we showed in our pitch, we have our dates and times for auditions and callbacks.

GT: We have rooms.

CL: Will you need people on the desk?

BW: I'm thinking of setting up an assassins thing but I'll think of a prize outside of it all, just trying to get lots of dates in the diary.

## VI. TREASURER UPDATE

AM: I haven't chased Hubbub because, well, show.

SK: Me neither.

AM: I haven't heard from Dan Wills

CL: Have we lodged a complaint to SUSU?

SK: No, I need to talk to Becky.

AM: I haven't looked at Natwest thing, but have been paying stuffs, and the Company deposits and membership have been collected.

**Angry will look into the Natwest account and the Hubbub fiasco, and Sev will talk to Becky about Dan Wills.**

## VII. SOCIAL UPDATE

SK: I'm upset about the white t-shirt social was taken off, all I've wanted to do since we were elected is ruin a white t-shirt.

PJ: How great would it be to use these rooms for rehearsals? I emailed about getting a coach for Playzone, should get a reply in the next day or two, I'll put a poll up soon.

**Phoebe will continue to look into Playzone. There will be a pancake social at Changry Seacat house next week, with a suggested donation to fundraise for Edinburgh.**

## VIII. WEB, PROMOTIONS & TECH UPDATE

CH: The website's messed up.

1 x CH

1 x JM

2 x SK

CH: I'm gonna fix it with Corin tonight, I'll have to remake it but I'm gonna keep the same content and roughly the same layout. I uploaded the Footloose photos, which is why it broke.

## IX. ORDINARY UPDATE

*Why is this even still here?...*

## X. AGM

AM: We do need to discuss whether we're doubling up roles, we need to confirm.

CL: It makes sense to do that before the constitution review.

**For the AGM, individuals or pairs may run for the positions of Social Secretary(-ies), Development & Workshops Officer(s), or Webmaster & Promotions Officer(s).**

## XI. A.O.B.

CL: Next week is auditions for Show in a Week, so come and audition, unless you're in A Chorus Line.

GT: I forgot to say in the main update, the band music was supposed to arrive today, we have a band so we're waiting for music. Musicscope are the British version of Hans Whittmark and they're based in Crewe, and we can't wait as long for the music as we did for the librettos. My stress now is we can kick up a fuss but we need the music, so I'd rather kick up a fuss after, we were supposed to call last week but we didn't.

*My bad.*

GM: We have a band but I don't want to keep them waiting and there's a lot of chopping and changing that I need to do.

CH: Can you send me the band list for the website please?

GT: Yep.

AB: Thanks Danny for covering me at the start there

DM: That's alright, tell you what, I'll get my half up tonight and you can get yours up next week!

*HA. HA. HA.*

JH: Becky told me to say she's meeting with the Nuffield about our relationship with them, and that they might be reducing their hire costs for us.

BW: They're also opening up a new theatre in town because they are aware that they want bigger crossover, there will be a 400 seater and 135 seat studio, so the 450 seater will be more expensive, but they're gonna give us different options and opportunities outside of just the Annex.

SK: My AOB is I had meeting with Kerry, the DCI, about the keyboard and they were concerned about how we could supply the money now?

AM: Well now we've had the Footloose money in and paid back our loans too so we are in a financial position to do so.

GT: I was speaking to Patrick and there is a keyboard in the PA house that doesn't belong to anyone, we used it for Rocky and it works fine. We thought it was LOpsocs, and it's the same as our current keyboard and it works fine. They were talking about how PA committee are gonna allocate it to someone, to a society

SK: I had a meeting with Kerry about show casting, and said a number of people said to her there seems to be a main group who seem to keep getting cast, especially in the main roles, and asked how we were going to make the society more inclusive. I said we have cabarets which are unauditioned, and I said we also do workshops. She suggested having an un-auditioned chorus for our shows, like LOpsoc. I said no, because we've never done that and LOpsoc do that. She seemed to understand that but I said I would bring it to committee, and I think we should still think we have a good conversation.

*An incredibly long, hour-and-a-half-long conversation is had about these issues but goes around in circles and no true conclusion is reached..*

**We shall come back to this topic of accusations next week to draw conclusions.**