

# Minutes from Showstoppers' Committee Meeting

11<sup>th</sup> February 2015, 5pm in 34/3011

## Expected

SK – Sevan Keoshgerian (President)

BW – Ben Willcocks (Vice-President)

AB – Andy Banks (Secretary)

AM – Angry Morgan (Treasurer)

PJ – Phoebe Judd (Social Secretary)

JM – Jamie Martin (Development Officer)

CL – Cat Lewis (Tours Officer)

CH – Charlie House (Webmaster & Promotions Officer)

## Apologies & Absences

JH – Jess Hector (Development Officer) – Apologies (Ill)

LE – Lydia Edge (Ordinary Member) – Apologies (Placement)

DM – Danny McNamee (Ordinary Member) - Absent

## Non-Committee Present

AS – Andy Sugden

## Munch Duty

Ben

## Agenda

### I. SMALL UPDATE

AM: I haven't totalled up the final costs yet, but it should have made roughly a £200 profit, which would be nice, somewhere in the range of £100 to £300, so deposits will be given back.

### II. MAIN UPDATE

BW: We've been busy since Company, Gem has taught them the montage, and we're blocking it on Saturday. One slight thing from the prod team is that there's been a lot of cast absences we weren't expecting, hopefully that's going to improve in the coming week, and it does only apply to a few individuals. We're doing recap sessions in the week. Phoebe Lewis is now our TD, so me, Ruthie and Kim met with her to discuss tech and she said to bring up that 2 of the radio mics are broken, and it's our responsibility to get them fixed. Hopefully SUSU will replace them but we can't force them. I've also been meeting up with Elliot for his monologue, which is now sorted from his point of view, next week I'll be getting Andy to meet up so I can work on it with him there.

AB: Charlie's been a god and really helped me and Bradley with pretty much everything, claps for him.

Andy x 2

BW: Becky has stepped down to AMD, whilst Bradley has been put up to Producer.

AM: I'm popping in on Saturday to talk to cast, the prod team had a meeting and messaged me their worries, which was what Ben just said, so I've been in the loop.

### III. SUMMER UPDATE

AS: We had Alice drop out this week, but Jenny accepted the part, so now she's a part of the cast; we hadn't really done any rehearsals before that so it's ok now. We did a character workshop on Monday, and our first proper teaching rehearsal is tonight. It will be a bit bitty through whole process because half of our cast are in Chorus Line, and the other half are in Tempest or Fiddler.

BW: Have you planned a rehearsal for next Thursday?

AS: No.

BW: If it were possible for me to hold a recap session for next Thursday, from 7?

AS: If you want, yeah. I also met with James cook today, he's been struggling with 9-6 every day for Engineering and 2 shows' worth of rehearsals, and we had a nice chat about how he can balance both shows, we're gonna give him more leeway in terms of deadlines, be nice to him until Chorus Line is over.

### IV. EDINBURGH UPDATE

CL: I've not had another meeting with Catherine for Edinburgh, but I'm in the group, and they're in the process of applying for venues. We had our first secret cinema this week, in 2 weeks' time it will be Drowsy. We need to make sure Tempest are good for the tuck shop too.

AS: It might be nice because we did the Company one.

CL: Yeah. SO to recap, Sunday 21<sup>st</sup> in the Nuffield, there will be a Drowsy screening. As of their EGM last week, TG are now endeavouring to get 2 shows up.

AM: What does that mean?

AB: They're trying to.

AM: It sounds like a bad word, like struggling. Cat uses big words!

CL: At the moment, they're taking 2 shows up and running them on alternate nights, which means I'd like to get together with people and talk publicity and such, but it's still all up in the air so it's still not certain. When it's more concrete, myself Ruthie and Aidan will talk more, so watch this space.

AS: I've seized all gone rogue publicity, and will be taking that on for Showstoppers, TG and Comedy.

### V. INDEPENDENT UPDATE

AM: Danny posted on the group, and I met with Robbie to have a look at their budget, which is now ready. From what Robbie said, they've got a written pitch ready, so we need to decide on a date.

PJ: Do you think we can let them pitch with an unfinished script? It just seems after how many problems arised with Cooper?

CH x 1

CL: But a number of those problems weren't solely to do with the script. It would need to be at least half-finished?

AM: Last time I spoke to him, Aidan hadn't finished it because his dissertation was due, which he's handed in now, but I think we need to give 2 weeks' notice?

CL: We need to give the society two weeks' notice.

**Independent Spoken Pitches at 7pm on 28<sup>th</sup> February, with Written Pitches due at midnight between 25<sup>th</sup> and 26<sup>th</sup> February.**

## VI. TREASURER UPDATE

AM: I completely forgot about the Hubbub swindlers, this week my excuse is catching up on work because of Company, and I haven't chased Natwest either. I've sort of sorted out the Dan Wills situation. Between us, Sev talked to Becky and I sent information to Becky, so she's now doing an official thing from SUSU to give him a nudge so it's more serious.

SK: In terms of keyboard funding I haven't heard from Kerry, she asked me a day ago about the show casting, so when I talk to her about that, about show casting, I'll bring up the keyboard when I talk to her about that.

AM: I've started paying people back their Footloose show deposits. I had an email a few hours ago from Kerry about a Student Group Bank, but I think I need to find more information about it. The general jist is SUSU are trying to set up bank accounts for each of the student groups, and asked us if we want one. I don't know why it would be any different from our existing one?

CH: It will be so they can monitor spending more closely and have immediate access to it. For things like paying for tech, they can take money straight out of it rather than us paying them. Also, it's a pilot scheme at the moment, but if it succeeds I don't think we will have a choice, they will give us one.

**Angry will continue to chase up Hubbub and Natwest, and wait to hear about Dan Wills' money. Sev will talk to Kerry Sclater about the keyboard funding money. For now, Showstoppers will not opt in to the Student Group Bank pilot.**

*Lydia arrives!*

## VII. SOCIAL UPDATE

PJ: I'm really annoyed, I wanna do Playzone and I've looked at every single day, and there's not one day without a major rehearsal, so I don't think it's gonna be possible.

LE: Why not go to the new trampoline park?

PJ: We're just so busy, it will be tricky before summer but I'll pass it on to the next Social Sec. Well guys, the White T-shirt Social's up and running, it's only taken me about 6 months to organise. You won't be disappointed...well you probably will. I'll just be buying a box of t-shirts from Amazon and then giving them out, bring your own pens.

AM: We also had a pancake social, about 5 people came.

**Phoebe will buy a box of white t-shirts off Amazon and distribute them at the social.**

## VIII. DEVELOPMENT & WORKSHOPS UPDATE

JM: Phoebe and Ruthie did a workshop yesterday, which was good, and we also have the Showstopper workshop next week.

SK: Is there a list of people who made it?

JM: Let me get it up

AM: In terms of money, what's the best way of going about it?

JM: I'll contact them, but I think they want to do the workshop before they get paid.

AM: If you send me the list so I can check memberships and try and get money collected, that would be good.

JM: There are 6 more spaces left for the workshop. I also have a workshop after that, which is music reading.

AB: I'm happy to help if you need someone.

JM: Spring cabaret is also happening, I'll put out a signup sheet today for stuff.

AM: Can we make the dance ones more regular, rather than just special one-off ones? As I think we need that.

**It's a new dawn of workshops. Jamie and Jess will publicise a signup sheet for Spring Cabaret.**

## IX. WEB, PROMOTIONS & TECH UPDATE

CH: The website's not dead anymore. This didn't come up in the Small Update, but fill in the Company feedback please. I'm going to be meeting with Corin again to add features, like a Minutes and Agenda uploading button.

BW: Assassins, could you do a weekly casualties list or video?

## X. ORDINARY UPDATE

LE: Nope.

## XI. A.O.B.

CL: Come and audition for Show in a Week, if you can.