



SHOWSTOPPERS COMMITTEE MINUTES

Attendees:

BN: Bella Norris (President)

GT: Gem Tunley (Vice President)

AR: Abbie Roach (Secretary)

VHA: Victoria Howard- Andrews
(Treasurer)

NO: Nick Ong (Social Sec)

CE: Charlotte Evans (Social Sec)

PA: Phoebe Armstrong
(Development)

DM: David Miller (Web)

XM: Xafsa Mohamud (Tours)

JW: John Wilders (Ordinary
Member)

JC: James Carter (Ordinary
Member)

Apologies:

Non-Com:

AW: Alex Wareham

EW: Eva Wallis

Minutes in a minute...

Freshers show: Feedback was read out, see website shortly

Small show: It's happening!

Spring Show: All is good

Summer Show: Had a read through, Show liaison: XAFSA, Prod liaison: JAMES

Mr Grin: Regular rehearsals starting very soon

Gender diversity: Document has been written up

Original writing officer: GEM is your new original writing officer

Treasurer: All show budgets are up to date

Social: Miss Saigon on the 22nd Feb

Development: Cabaret on the last week before Christmas, stage combat workshop coming up

Web: Discussion on an email regarding us going into a youth theatre group

Ordinary: Society T-shirts are now available to order

Society Update:

AW: I'm good

Freshers Show:

NO: Fame feedback- See feedback on website

Small Show Update:

CE: Intensive week is going well

JC: Everyone seemed fine

BN: Today we had a meeting with John, myself and the CB prod team to see what happened with feedback. Basically, we realised we need to definitely do the month deadline for feedback and this needs to be stressed. When a pitch team gets a show it needs to be told then and then reminded at auditions.

VHA: Put it in the event descriptions?

DM: Is it worth putting it in the constitution?

GT: We have one for another society, you wouldn't have to write it by scratch so you could

BN: Yeah we can think about that. Also put in the constitution the warning system.

Spring Show Update:

NO: Met the TD's today, Xafsa's coming in on Sunday

JC: Ben's taking over this weekend

NO: ENTER BEN, taking photos on the 4th as well (Charlie House photo day)

GT: I'm going to drop into some sessions

Summer Show Update:

GT: We've got some video tech/stuff. So Charlie isn't taking on too much, production stuff now has defined roles.

VHA: For instance, Charlie doing the design for clothing, I'll do the order etc.

GT: Hopefully there will be no overstepping. Had readthrough on Saturday and had a couple of rehearsals, we now have a full team, now one person away from having a full band

Show liaison: XAFSA

Prod liaison: JAMES

Mr Grin Update:

EW: We met with Hannah whose worked out tech logistics and feasible, having character workshop on Saturday and a prod team meeting Sunday, regular rehearsals starting on 13th after CB, done a pole about distributing production jobs

JW: I'll start going into rehearsals as soon as rehearsals start

Gender diversity document:

BN: Has everyone read and checked the document that was written up?

Room: Says they have and agrees that it was great

Xafsa says something annoying

BN to XM: Go away Xafsa or I'll get James and John on you

DM: Your henchmen

JC: 'More like denchman'

Room: Absolutely loves it

GT: In the constitution, in pitching sections, saying to look at 'appendix A' when deciding whether a pitch is to be accepted or not committee will follow the guidelines outlined in appendix A

Committee votes in the 'appendix A' into the constitution

Original writing officer elections:

GT: I've been involved in a couple of originally written pieces, help, made it make rhythmical sense, and in TG showcase, for 3rd year wrote some stuff so have experience, casual originally writer

PA: I've been involved in independent and had to change some speech bits, am doing a script writing module and have been involved in TG showcase

NO: I was involved in an independent too, already read through peoples writing, write some stuff myself, want to ensure that future independents are all well suitable for our society

GEM is voted in as original writing officer

Treasurer:

VHA: Hello, I have started paying back show deposits, waiting on some bank details, now got an updated she loves me budget, had some issues cos the formula went funny, but its ok now, Jacob sent across the Mr Grin budget, still waiting on show deposit and memberships of 3 members of prod/cast of CB, once that's done I'll start SLM and AI, already started having memberships through from people in Mr Grin, We got given £64.33 from SUSU for just funding,

GT: Half the piano case? We don't know on PA committee front where the money came from

VHA: Payments out for CB

Social Update:

NO: Miss Saigon probs 22nd February, is that ok?

Room: Yeah

BN: We can miss that committee, no worries, or a really short one?

NO: Liaising with Victoria on monies, seating looking still available for upstairs, we can only reserve by a few days, lock in by Sunday, payment by Wednesday

BN: Got an email about an 80's night on the 8th, wondering if you guys want to tie it into wild lime social, I forwarded the email, we can get on guest list and get cheap list

CE: Tonight karaoke!

Development Update:

PA: Currently being sent to talk to someone about cabaret, spoke to a few people, given them some provisional dates, 12th-17th week, if not during SLM intensive. Workshops ticking along, as soon as we know when AGM will be we can do a committee workshop, Abbie did a workshop, stage combat workshop- I've put the link on showstoppers and development pages. Gonna try and do mis-cast before the 24 and before Easter, just gonna see when cabaret falls

Tours:

XM: Ed pitches on Saturday in this room, Bella forwarded an email from Bristol Uni to do an inter uni thing, they put you up and it sounds like a pitch perfect style thing. 3rd and 4th March

BN: The deadline is Monday 5th but we can email saying we will try and gage interest

XM: I can put the document up on the society page

BN: If the society want to do it then we could try it

Web and Promotions Update:

DM: Took some photos of CB and doing fb advertising, Sent an email by a lady from a youth theatre school asking if we could go in and run some workshops? Go through phoebe?

PA: Can't do stage combat, also need DBS checks

GT: They probably have teachers trained to teach them, which means we won't be able to have any extra skills to teach them, I feel like it's a bit hypocritical to teach them skills which we aren't really trained for

VHA: Maybe from a production aspect? This is how we put on a show, only real capacity we could go in on

GT: Would it be stepping on the people running on its toes

PA: Unless we say, kids come to shows at PA rates, then we go in and teach them how to do the dance or something?

GT: Then we are the best at what we are doing at that current time

DM: I'll speak to them

Ordinary Update:

JW: Feedback on the website

JC: Society shirts are up!

A.O.B:

VHA: PA house- Abbie and I cracked through some of the costumes and going back on Saturday- cracking through the back half, hopefully it makes it better!

BN: Jacob has removed the little puddle bin

JC: American musicals optional module, the lecturer will advertise any shows!

AR: Tech liaison thing, going into next StageSoc committee meeting for a chat. Georgia done the videos for Charlie Brown and can do SLM too if you want? Also she's going to do some blog posts on it

PA: Maybe ask for her to do a review?

GT: Sometimes the edge does a preview interview and a review, that sort of thing works quite well!

VHA: PA radio show, me and ben are doing it next week when we have a confirmed time we'll put it on the CB group for 2 people to come on