



Showstoppers Committee Minutes

<u>Attendees</u>	<u>Minutes in a Minute!</u>
VHA - Victoria Howard-Andrews (President)	The Trail to Oregon: Please fill out the feedback form!
PA - Phoebe Armstrong (Vice President)	Legally Blonde: Audition feedback has gone out!
GPV - Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey (Secretary)	It Shoulda Been You: Audition feedback should be coming out soon!
JW - John Wilders (Treasurer)	Sweeney Todd: Work is happening regarding the orchestration!
AR - Antigone Robertson (Social Sec)	Treasurer: Payments are coming in for clothing.
OJ - Oliver Johnson (Development)	Social: 50 people are going to the Christmas meal!
ZB - Zoë Blackall (Development)	Development: We had an amazing Les Mis workshop!
AW - Alex Wareham (Ordinary Member)	Web: We're continuing to discuss the camera.
BM - Ben McQuigg (Ordinary Member)	Ordinary: Society feedback is out!
<u>Apologies</u>	Original Writing: We had a fab workshop for 'O.A.P. and Me'.
JC - Josiah Chamberlain (Social Sec)	AOB: Lots of keyboard organisation fun!
NO - Nick Ong (Webmaster)	
<u>Non-Committee</u>	



The Trail to Oregon:

GPV: I still need to ask about the van hire, but I'm not sure who I need to ask?

PA: GT.

AW: Still waiting on feedback.

BM: Did we post it on the Gone Rogue page?

PA: No.

BM: Okay, I'll do that now.

Legally Blonde:

AW: Books for the band arrived, so EG will be doing a band rehearsal this weekend, with some of the leads.

From NO: The programmes are getting done. The headshots have been taken, so they should be done by the end of the week. Also, he's been getting lots of production questions regarding the show, and whilst he's happy to help, he's not the supervising producer so he would suggest talking to CR first.

AW: As in our producers are asking him production questions?

AR: Yes.

VHA: I've had lots of questions too, and I don't mind, but I'm not sure if CR's been asked already or not and she should be the first port of call.

GPV: Also, did show feedback go out?

AR: It did!

AW: It's all progressing nicely.

VHA: I did another liaison session yesterday, which went really well.

AR: We've done a flyering schedule and cast clothing should be here by the Monday of intensive week. Also, we're looking to flyer in West Quay for a day, but we can't find any information about whether we can or not. Are we a registered charity?

PA: Technically SUSU is, but not in the sense they mean.

AR: Yes, we rang the council but they weren't sure what was allowed and what wasn't either.

BM: I don't think it should be a problem if you flyer outside.

AR: That's what I meant.

VHA: Also, everything will have the SUSU branding on it, so I think it's fine outside as long as you do what you're told

It Shoulda Been You:

JW: We have had to reschedule a few things as BN has been ill, which has been fine.

VHA: How's feedback coming along?

JW: That is happening, we're hoping to have it out by the end of the weekend.

Sweeney Todd:

PA: We have internally sourced a new Lucy for flashbacks. We're going to propose some dates for reopening auditions once we have worked out when will work best.

BM: Our rehearsal schedule has needed to be changed because of that, as well as having last-minute absences.

VHA: It's fine, you've got plenty of time.



PA: We're still looking like we will have everything taught before intensive week, so if that stays the same that will be great. We've also still got a day before the end of this semester and a day before our intensive week to do a staggered run and a run, so it's fine, we'll have everything sorted by December.

BM: We're investigating the nine-piece orchestration, as it requires a significant amount of work, so we're trying to work out the best way around it - someone has written an MTI-approved score, so I will look into that and see how much it will cost.

From NO: What is the situation with feedback?

PA: We have to wait until ISBY feedback has come out, but we're mostly there.

VHA: It should hopefully be out by the end of next week.

PA: Then when we reopen auditions they'll get their feedback later.

Treasurer:

JW: I had the invoice from AB for £200, which I've paid. I've had lots of payments for the society clothing, cast clothing and the meal.

Social:

AR: We have a social tonight! Also, should events such as tonight's social be posted on the 2018-2019 Showstoppers group, or the main group? I thought it was just to be used to invite people, so we can just invite the entire 2018-2019 group?

PA: Yes, it's just to be used to invite people.

VHA: That's what it is for - events should still go up on the main Showstoppers group.

BM: It was posted in TG though?

AR: I wasn't aware of that.

OJ: When we do events, we make them through the page and then share them to the main Showstoppers group, and then use the 2018-2019 group just to invite people.

VHA: If the person making the event doesn't want it on the page that's fine, but they should at least be in the main group, and then the 2018-2019 group is only for inviting people to that event.

AR: Okay. Also we have 50 sign-ups for the Christmas Meal! I emailed the venue to check the capacity, just so I can get back to the people who have asked about bringing +1s. They need all of the payments and food order forms by tomorrow.

VHA: What was the outcome of Comedy joining us as non-dining?

AR: Yes, they definitely can.

GPV: I think the outcome was that they can come along, as long as it isn't considered a joint society event.

AR: Yes, it's just a situation of they should come if they want to come.

VHA: Sweet.

Development:

OJ: We had the Les Mis workshop last weekend. It went really well, and we had a good turn out. He didn't get through everything he wanted to, so he said he'd like to come back in the New Year to finish everything but that he would waive his fee. PA also did an accent workshop yesterday.

PA: Please can committee members come to workshops?



VHA: Yes, you do need to go, and if you can't you need to send a message to say so.

OJ: Next week, GT will be coming back to do a singing workshop!

BM: We're going to make that compulsory for ST.

OJ: We made an event for cabaret, so sign up for that!

PA: Will there be a workshop number?

OJ: Yes, but we need to find someone who can play the piano who isn't involved in Macbeth.

PA: If not, people can use a backing track.

OJ: I also still need to talk to JM about having another workshop for his musical, so we will work to organise that for in the next few weeks.

Web:

From NO: Having a meeting with TG this week to talk about the camera.

BM: I sent SLM to NO.

Ordinary:

AW: I've had an email from Wessex Clothing. They are struggling to source the vest in a particular colour and sizes.

GPV: How many people does that actually affect?

AR: I think it is best to email them back to say to wait on that one until they can get them back in stock.

JW: There's only been two ordered.

ZB: Would it just affect those two?

AR: It would just be those two.

ZB: I think just message the two people who are involved.

AW: I've said to them to just wait on that one.

VHA: Yes, I would message them and ask whether they want to wait, to swap to a different colour or to change size.

AW: Cool.

BM: I have society feedback.

AR: Can that be posted on the committee group and then we can bring anything up that we want to discuss next week?

VHA: Yes, and once it's been approved it can be uploaded to the website.

Original Writing:

PA: JM did a workshop which was really good.

AR: Have there been any updates with PW's musical?

PA: No, I've not received anything.

AOB:

OJ: On the Showstoppers' website, in the previous pitches folder there are lots of things which should not be in that folder.

VHA: That's a Google Drive issue.

PA: So the keyboard we've been wondering about belongs to Showstoppers, meaning we have three keyboards!



AR: Is that a fourth one including the one in the PA House?

PA: Yes! So, we have a few options. We could keep one in the PA house as a prop, or we could sell it to another society or online.

AW: I think it would be a waste to keep a fully working keyboard as a prop.

PA: One of them doesn't work.

JW: Also, this extra one is missing octaves as it's not a full-size keyboard which is why Showstoppers stopped using it.

ZB: Will anyone buy that one?

PA: Online maybe. So we have four keyboards - two in the Annex, another one which isn't full sized, and a broken one in the PA House. People might want the parts of the small one though.

VHA: I would sell it.

PA: We can have a look at it.

OJ: Is the keyboard in the PA house broken beyond repair?

PA: Yes.

BM: We pulled it out to have a look at it, but we didn't plug it in.

VHA: We can finalise this in the committee group.

JW: The keyboard stands are so broken.

PA: Please look after them when you put them away.

AR: Sell the other keyboard and use the money to buy a new stand.

JW: One of them just needs a new screw.

VHA: Summer pitches - I would propose Sunday evening on December 2nd.

PA: Nell Gwynn don't have a matinee.

AW: There's LB rehearsals though.

VHA: You have Sunday afternoon off right? Could we do before TG?

GPV: Would that not affect Sweeney Todd rehearsals?

PA: It would.

OJ: Also, the evening of the 2nd is the TG Christmas Meal.

PA: Could we do Wednesday 5th after a workshop?

BM: That would have to take place instead of a workshop as we'd need longer than two hours.

JW: We could do the workshop earlier.

OJ: That's the slot for learning a workshop number.

AR: Could we do the workshop from 1pm-3pm and then have pitches from 3pm-6pm?

OJ: If there are rooms available.

VHA: If people are happy for that to happen, I'll organise pitches for that afternoon. We could have pitches before the workshop, I'll look into it to work out what time would be best.