



## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

<u><b>Attendees</b></u>	<u><b>Minutes in a Minute!</b></u>
<p>VHA - Victoria Howard-Andrews (President)</p> <p>PA - Phoebe Armstrong (Vice President)</p> <p>JW - John Wilders (Treasurer)</p> <p>AR - Antigone Robertson (Social Sec)</p> <p>NO - Nick Ong (Webmaster)</p> <p>OJ - Oliver Johnson (Development)</p> <p>ZB - Zoë Blackall (Development)</p> <p>AW - Alex Wareham (Ordinary Member)</p> <p>BM - Ben McQuigg (Ordinary Member)</p>	<p><b>The Trail to Oregon:</b> The posters have been brought back!</p> <p><b>Legally Blonde:</b> People are filling out show feedback!</p> <p><b>It Shoulda Been You:</b> Intensive week is next week!</p> <p><b>Sweeney Todd:</b> We have a band!</p> <p><b>Spring Awakening:</b> We have a read-through scheduled!</p> <p><b>O.A.P. and Me:</b> Auditions are happening soon!</p> <p><b>Treasurer:</b> Money is being collected!</p> <p><b>Social:</b> We're going to see American Idiot!</p> <p><b>Development:</b> Lots of exciting things are in the works!</p> <p><b>Web:</b> Member photos have been updated on the website!</p> <p><b>Tours:</b> The Edinburgh meeting went well!</p> <p><b>Ordinary:</b> The last bits of society merch are being distributed!</p> <p><b>Original Writing:</b> An original musical is happening!</p> <p><b>AOB:</b> Show recordings will be going up soon!</p>
<u><b>Apologies</b></u>	
<p>PR - Patrick Riley (Tours)</p>	
<p>GPV - Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey (Secretary)</p>	
<p>JC - Josiah Chamberlain (Social Sec)</p>	
<u><b>Absences</b></u>	
<u><b>Non-Committee</b></u>	

January 24th 2019



### **The Trail to Oregon:**

OJ: I brought the posters back

VH-A: I know that I also still have to but has anyone else filled in the feedback form yet?

JW: I did it a while ago.

VH-A: Let's aim for everyone on committee to fill it out soon.

AW: I can post it on the committee group again tonight.

\*By this point, ZB had made a pyramid out of the Cadbury's caramel nibbles\*

**ALL COMM to fill out feedback form.**

### **Legally Blonde:**

VH-A: I've had about 20 responses to the feedback form.

\*VH-A then succumbed to a coughing fit for 90 seconds and we all wondered if she was about to die\*

VH-A: But I can repost the form as people have had exams so might not have had a chance to fill it out yet.

AR: What does closing the budget mean and who does it?

VH-A: Once you get your final invoice from MTI and work out your expenditures you can sit down with JW and sort it all out.

AW: I have been in contact with MTI because they sent a ridiculously high invoice but they have yet to get back to me so I will chase them up.

\*BM was watching the news at this point hoping to see coverage of the incident on the Red Brick\*

**VHA to repost feedback form. LB PROD TEAM to close budget with JW. AW to chase up MTI invoice.**

### **It Shoulda Been You:**

JW: Opening night is in just under two weeks and NO came in to take cast and crew headshots.

AR: I came in to a rehearsal a while ago to do a liaison session and will probably come back for another one half way through intensive week.

NO: Flyers are done, posters need to be ordered and programmes are almost finished; just waiting on bios. Also the event needs to go up asap. I'm going to be taking rehearsal shots this Saturday and might be doing some filming too.

JW: We also have a band now!

**NO to order posters, to put up event and to do photos/videos.**

### **Sweeney Todd:**

PA: Unfortunately IB-P has had to drop out of the show due to injury. We've got a rehearsal on Sunday to fix stuff and then we'll start bringing in costumes and props.

BM: We have a band minus the horn.

PA: EG will be my assistant director to help out during It Shoulda Been You intensive and show weeks.

NO: I have finished the poster.

PA: Cast clothing order is also ready to send off.

BM: I'm going to write up the tech spec for the technical directors this week too.

**BM to write up tech spec.**

### **Spring Awakening:**

OJ: We have a cast and it's 14 instead of 13.

January 24th 2019



BM: We've got a read-through on the day off during It Shoulda Been You intensive week.  
VH-A: Because there are members of committee absent today, I suggest we postpone the choosing of a show liaison until next week.

**O.A.P. and Me:**

ZB: When will rehearsals be?

AR: We're just going to work around the cast and fit them in wherever we can. We also have an assistant producer, CT.

**Treasurer:**

JW: I'm taking payments in from the Christmas Ball but will chase people up properly after exams. I've been paying back show deposits for Legally Blonde.

\*At this point, AR wanted it known that she felt uncomfortable due to the sexual noise that JW had just made\*

JW: I paid AR £17.34 for postage. I got £80 from SUSU which is presumably memberships or funding. I've also paid AR £318.50 for the American Idiot order.

VH-A: Has the money from Edinburgh that JM accidentally sent to the wrong account been retrieved yet?

JW: Not yet but I'm going to communicate with him again and try to get it sorted this week.

**JW to organise monies.**

**Social:**

AR: We're going to see American Idiot and might have a house party type social next Thursday.

VH-A: Can we have an event for the comedy show?

AR: Yes I can make that later.

**AR and JC to make a social event for Comedy's show.**

**Development:**

ZB: We've made plans and have some exciting workshops coming up. I've also made contact with AB again and he's coming back for another workshop.

OJ: We'll book Easter cabaret soon too for around 26th March.

PA: Are you doing the committee roles workshop?

ZB: It is in the works.

**ZB and OJ to work on committee roles workshop.**

**Web:**

NO: The camera booking system is now integrated into the website. There is an issue with the camera because it's dirty and there is a scratch on the lens so I'm in discussions with JW and MW about getting a cleaning kit for it. I've been updating member photos on the website too.

**Tours:**

VH-A: They held a meeting about Edinburgh which was cool and there were quite a few Showstoppers there. What shall we do about Edinburgh pitch dates?

PA: We could do it before Sweeney rehearsals on 17th February.

VH-A: I'll make an event for it.

**VHA to make an event for Edinburgh pitches.**

January 24th 2019



**Ordinary:**

AW: I've found all the society merch that hadn't been given out yet and am in contact with the people it belongs to.

BM: I'm still working on pitch feedback from independent pitches.

**BM to write up independent pitch feedback.**

**Original Writing:**

PA: JM got his musical!

AR: Is our slot booked in the Annex yet?

PA: Yes it is all sorted.

**AOB:**

NO: A number of people have approached me about seeing LB.

VH-A: We stagger the release of videos because of editing but it won't be long until it's time for LB anyway.

JW: JC and I are making a joint Instagram account of us drinking gin and tonics out of the skins of exotic fruits.

VH-A: I have a fancy new watch.