

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]
Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]
Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]
Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]
Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]
Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]
Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]
Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]
Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]
Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]
Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF]
Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]
Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]
APOLOGIES:
NON-COMMITTEE:
Eilean MacDonald [EM]
Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey [GBV]
Phoebe Armstrong [PA]
OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:
Victoria Howard-Andrews [VHA]
Ben McQuigg [BMQ]
Charlotte Evans [CE]
Jamie Milburn [JM]
Charlie English [CN]

Minutes in a Minute

Trail to Oregon:
Ollie is bringing GoFundMe to Victoria in OAP rehearsal

Legally Blonde:
Maciek waiting for invoice from SUSU

It Shoulda Been You:
Maciek waiting for invoice from SUSU
Feedback to be approved by committee

Sweeney Todd:
Maciek waiting for invoice from SUSU
Feedback to be approved by committee

Spring Awakening:
Ollie collecting Libs
Maciek waiting for invoice from SUSU

O.A.P and Me:
Audition feedback being sent

Songs for a New World/Tick, Tick, Boom!!:
Ben liaising with The Other Palace for previews

Treasurer:
Maciek to buy folder for bank statements

Social Secretaries:
BM and WF to sort out Leavers Ball

Development Officers:
Hannah to post Cabaret sign up sheet
Imy to post Workshop suggestion form

Web and Promotions Officer:
Chloe to lead a lesson on the difference between facebook page and group next committee

Tours Officer (Edinburgh):
Patrick to look into accommodation

Tours Officer (Other Tours):
Kit to contact The Cube as a venue option for his event

Welfare Officers:
Ollie to speak to Sophie about merch

Original Writing Officer:
Susie to compile a plan for Original Writing within the next year

AOB:
Committee arranged for 13:00 Wednesday again



Society Update:

AR: Hi Non-Comm (**we actually have non-comm, that's right!**) Everyone good? We don't have long because we have the PA AGM.

Trail to Oregon:

AR: TTO is still on the agenda. How is sending the GoFundMe going? @OJ

OJ: What people need to realise is that I've not been to VHA's house in the past month.

AW: Except for PA pres.

AR: You can just go to VHA's specifically for the GoFundMe stuff. Why do they have to go to VHA's house? Because she's then sending them out?

OJ: I guess. I'll arrange something. It makes sense if I just bring them to OAP.

OJ will bring the GoFundMe stuff to VHA at OAP rehearsals.

Legally Blonde:

MS: MS will close the budget but MS is still waiting for SUSU to send the invoice and the breakdown.

AW: Sick.

KH: Is it worth chasing that up.

MS: I mean I only sent it last week so it's probably not worth it.

MS will close the LB budget when SUSU has sent him the invoice breakdown.

It Shoulda Been You:

MS: MS is going to close the budget when MS has finished waiting for the invoice from SUSU.

AR: AR has feedback! (**Cheers begin all around**)

AW: AW is enjoying how everyone is referring to themselves in the third person.

PR: PR is not.

*(*Feedback is given*)*

AR to send feedback to committee to be approved and then onto the prod team and website.

MS will close the ISBY budget when SUSU has sent him the invoice breakdown.

Sweeney Todd:

GPV: I have feedback.

AR: GPV has feedback (**More cheers and applause!**)
(**Feedback is given**)

Feedback to be sent to committee to be approved and then onto the prod team and website.

MS will close the ST budget when SUSU has sent him the invoice breakdown.

Spring Awakening:

OJ: We did a show. It happened.

SC: It was sick.

OJ: And I've sent audition feedback.

MS: Did you?

OJ: I was literally with you when I sent it.

AR: Thank you that's wonderful. I appreciate it.

AW: I've written the show feedback and I will be sending it out later today. I have put the form in sections.

(**OJ has a lesson on how show feedback forms were previously displayed**)

OJ: Oh, and I'm meant to be collecting all the libs.

MS: BMQ's got my one. Also I sent a breakdown of ticket sales to the committee chat.

PR: It looks very nice.

MS: Because I'm attempting to keep some sort of record of...

EF: Your ruling!

MS: And I'm very pedantic. Also congrats to CE for selling the most tickets.

AR: Do you have an award.

MS: She has an amazon gift voucher.

AW: Blimey!

AR: Can you do a post on the showstoppers group saying congratulations.

MS: Yeah I can shout her out.

PR: A shout out from MS is all you need in life.

GPV: And say she got an award for it because it will give others an incentive.

MS: All the prod team members are being reimbursed. @SUSU lets close this ting.

KH: With that in mind, are we going to be keeping show deposits.

MS: We'll wait until we have assessed all the costs.

CT: Tech feedback will be coming out soon. Please fill it in. We rarely get responses.

EF: And you're all amazing.

CT: Then put that in the feedback!

AR: If you put that on the Showstoppers and Spring Awakening group that would be great.

OJ to collect in libs.

MS will close the SA budget when SUSU has sent him the invoice breakdown.

CT to put feedback on the Showstoppers and SA group.

O.A.P and Me:

PR: Intensive week!

AR: We've had a f**k up with cast clothing as you can see from the difference between my

cast clothing and CT's. (*For the record CT's is light blue and AR's is dark bluey-greyish I don't really know what to call it**)

EF: What happened.

*(*Wessex Clothing stories are shared*)*

AW: Audition feedback?

AR: I've done half of it. It should be out within the next week. Obviously not an excuse but JM has been very busy writing out the score. We're all busy and we apologise profusely.

PR: Especially from the president.

AR: I know. I apologise but as I say in the next week it will be done. Sick!

CT: Hires will be signed for hopefully tonight. So we will have lights and sound.

AR: Always helpful.

PR: I love it when that happens.

[Audition feedback to be sent next week.](#)

Songs for a New Boom:

OJ: Boom!

AR: We had a finance meeting which was successful. Everything's good - nobody panic. Please stop worrying that we're going to be bankrupt.

PR: We're really not.

AR: Auditions.

OJ: The MD for my song cycle is on holiday for the next two weeks.

AR: Amazing.

OJ: Auditions will end up having to be after 24 (auditions).

EM: When are 24 auditions?

PR: It's on the event.

WF: But this Sunday and Wednesday.

AW: Committee members don't get not notifications when events go up on the page.

AR: You should get a notification saying you're invited.

AW: If you're invited, yes, but if not you have to scroll through and find it.

AR: Everyone has been invited now.

OJ: We will have a cast by June. You two (CT and GPV) are having a meeting at some point aren't you?

GPV: Yeah. We're having a meeting on Tuesday to discuss productiony stuff.

AR: Nice. So we're just basically waiting for auditions.

OJ: The Other Palace is accepting submissions so we'll get that done.

PR: And we might have another venue we can do previews at but it's still all in the works

at the moment.

OJ: CN is back on the team!

PA: He's back as an AMD.

AR: Wonderful.

OJ: Good.

CT and GPV to have a production meeting.
BMQ to liaise with The Other Palace on previews.

Treasurer:

MS: That SUSU invoice about Cabaret has now been paid so I don't know why the website is being slow. I went to the bank yesterday and deposited about £1400 from

SA. So that's cool. Otherwise I think I've said most of the things I need to say. Can I buy a folder please because our storage situation at the moment for like 5 years of savings is three plastic bags. It's really sad.

AR: What? Our bank statements?

MS: Yeah. It's just loose in a bag.

PR: If you think the society can afford it...

AR: MS you can buy a folder.

KH: Which type? Metal or lockbox?

MS: I think we can afford a folder guys.

IBP: That's so funny.

KH: If you get a lockbox with a keyhole you can secure it.

CT: I paid £15 for the boosting of an event for OAP, how do I sort that out? Do I send you a bank statement?

MS: Send a receipt of when you paid for it.

CT: Sure. Sick.

AW: Just a proof of purchase of some sorts.

MS will buy a folder and give us details on which one he bought at the next committee.

CT to send a receipt to be reimbursed for boosting an event on facebook.

Social Secretaries:

BM: So we started organising the event for the leavers ball. We sent out some things to venues and we got a few replies. We got a reply from the Grand Harbour Hotel which was where it was last year. It will basically be a package of £30 for room hire, a 3 course meal and tea and coffee.

PR: Ooh tea and coffee!

AR: Just to pre-warn you, they'll probably say they want the menu choices two weeks in advance so do your best to obviously get the event up and the sign up sheet.

GPV: When would it be?

AR: 7th June. Same time as last year.

IBP: Please can you make a social to go and see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. It opens tonight!

PR: Wait is it Wednesday?

AR: I need to send you that thing that I keep meaning to send you.

SC: Are we allowed to have a Eurovision party.

PR: We have the closing night of OAP and the aftershow party so probably not but come and see OAP instead!

BM and WF to create an event and form for the Leavers Ball.

AR to send over 'that thing'.

Development Officers:

IBP: Cabaret's booked. That's been sorted with OJ.

OJ: And we did a handover.

HM: We had handover as well. And we're both here at the same time too.

AR: You are doing so well.

SC: First time for everything.

HM: I'm going to be making a post soon about music for Cabaret.

IBP: It's on the event already.

HM: But I'll make a separate post to remind people.

AR: Do you want to share the sign up form on the Showstoppers group anyway?

HM: I have issues with that because I was part of Share the Sound, I can't post on Showstoppers because they're different things.

AR: Yeah, there's a way to do that.

PR: The Webmaster, master of all webs, can sort you out.

IBP: We have a workshop calendar and I'm going to make something similar to the Comedy's idea of a forum where you post ideas for workshops. Then we can get it in the schedule for next year.

*(*CT blows an enormous bubble and AW does a loud burp*)*

AW: That's my update.

HM to post on Showstoppers about the Cabaret sign up.

IBP to make a forum for Workshop suggestions.

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: Please, as a plea, *(whilst having a mental breakdown)* can you learn the difference between the page and the group! I am begging you.

AW: Next committee shall we just have a little lesson.

CT: People have asked about committee logins to the website however not everyone has an account on the website because they've not asked for it. If you would like one....

Message! It's quite easy for me to set up. I'm not going to create them willy nilly, you have to ask.

AR: I don't think I've ever used my committee login nor do I know what it's for.

*(*PR gives a small lesson on committee logins*)*

CT: Please send headshots or I'm going to use mugshots.

WF: Just take them. Just take them from past shows.

EF: When's the deadline.

AR: Do it now.

CT: I'm in the process of putting headshots on the website but I'm having a slight mare so bare with me on that one.

PR: The best part was when you almost broke the whole website...

AR: We've got 15 minutes so if this story isn't relevant then we haven't got time.

PR: *(*As PR is shot down*)* It was quite funny but sure.....

CT: Everyone just be patient.

AR: We will, we appreciate you.

CT: Thanks AR.

SC: Can I have a lesson on how to access my emails.

PR: It's just gmail.

CT: You log in to gmail with the whole account.

*Committee to have a lesson on the difference between a Facebook page and group.
Committee to send headshots to CT to put on the website.*

Tours Officer:

Edinburgh

PR: First things first, we had a meeting today and everything's good. I am still looking into accommodation and we have a NSSC event at 15:00 today. All come it's only £3 and that's my update.

AR: Wonderful.

PR to look into Edinburgh accommodation.

Other Tour Events

KH: Contrary to what I said, I've thought about the planning, I've been busy and I'm waiting for the Nuffield discussion because that will change massively what I think.

PR: Didn't you want to go for The Cube not the Nuffield as you realised it was about £6000.

KH: Well, Nuffield City might be offered.

PR: I thought we said last time that that wasn't a thing because it would be a pain to take

things down.

AR: I think they are separate issues, the Nuffield discussion for the Nuffield slot and this

new event idea.

PR: Was the email you got back from the Nuffield a lower price.

KH: That was an email giving me the invoice for Pure Dance which was about £5000.

GPV: Just regarding using the Nuffield in the city, dance have previously done Pure Dance in the city at Guildhall and have found it a complete ballache trying to get performers, tech stuff, equipment and costumes there. Just from what dance have spoken about in the past, it isn't really worth going into the city with the amount of people that are going to have to get there.

AR: I think if nothing has happened in the last week, that's totally fine.

PR: I think the cube is your best bet.

KH: Yeah I just want to check every avenue has been explored so that we don't miss out on something amazing.

[KH to contact the Cube for details on his event.](#)

Welfare Officers:

OJ: I put up a committee clothing form and have had 9 responses.

PR: Can we all make sure we get the right colour....

*(*Evil eyes from CT to PR*)*

AR: You have to order committee clothing, it's not like cast clothing. It's essential. Please order it.

PR: Well I didn't last time...

OJ: At some point this week I'll speak to my wife about merch.

AR: That'll be cool.

EF: We'll probably do a merchy boii at some point.

BM: Ooh yeah a key ring.

[OJ to speak to 'his wife' about merch.](#)

Original Writing Officer:

SC: PA and I had handover this week which went well. I've implemented Original Writing office hours before cabaret for anyone who wants to perform original works at a cabaret, they can talk to me then and I'll sort that out for them. I'm still trying to meet with the TG Original Writing's officer but she's very busy. By next week there will be a general document on what I will be implementing next year. So be prepared next week for a phat update.

AR: I'm excited.

[SC to come to committee next week with an Original Writing plan.](#)

AOB:

CT: This isn't aimed at SA but it was the most recent example. Please stop taking the p*ss

with tech with starting times. It's been almost every single show this year, not just Showstoppers. If you're not going to open at 19:30, don't say you will. We get there at 18:00, we're set up to by 18:30 and ready to go and it's the same as the audience. The society of Stagesoc is a bit disgruntled over it and I'm just mentioning it without doing something official. Just a reminder that techies are there for longer than cast and we have to get there at the same time as you, so we want to leave as soon as possible too. And just be a bit kinder, please.

AR: As Tech liaison would you be okay with feeding back to Stagesoc. I don't think you need to message the director of OAP (*For anyone who hasn't realised, that's AR*).

CT: I'll bring it up at Stagesoc and I'll see whether it's worth sending a message to other Committees. Sometimes it just takes too long.

EF: I have phat AOB but it should be comm-only discussion.

MS: We are down from over 1000 grand (*that's right, 1000 GRAND!!!*) to £733.65. We're still working our way through.

SC: At least there's progress.

KH: I would like people's opinion regarding the drum kit and possibly getting a bag instead of a box.

AR: Can I pause you for one second... we only have 8 minutes and OAP, which is the next show, isn't going to be using the drum kit so can I request that we move this discussion to when we have time.

KH: Yep.

AR: Is that okay? Because things won't change between now and next week.

KH: Sure.

(*PR makes a salty comment about not being asked whether him and AW have any AOB*)

AW: I don't personally have any AOB but I sure hope PR does now otherwise I'm going to sh*t all over him.

PR: I thought it might be good that, since a lot of us are busy next week, it might be worth talking about when committee should be. For everyone in OAP, Wednesday is

the only option to audition for the 24 and Thursday is the show.

AW: We can still have 13:00-14:00 committee.

AR: If this works for everyone, let's do this and we will try and get back to Thursdays as soon as possible.

PA: Don't forget that you need to be represented in the PA AGM.

AW: That's why we are wrapping up now.

(*Non-Comm leave*)

*CT to talk to Stagesoc about what was discussed in AOB.
Committee to be held at 13:00 again next week.*