

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]

Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]

Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]

Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]

Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]

Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]

Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]

Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]

Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]

Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF]

Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]

Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]

APOLOGIES:

Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]

NON-COMMITTEE:

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

Nick Ong [NO]

Charlie House [CH]

Elle Bogle [EB]

Kaustubh Sameer [KS]

Minutes in a Minute



O.A.P and Me:

Emma to collate show feedback

Songs for a New World:

Committee to approve show feedback

Made in Dagenham:

Patrick and Chloe to continue with show process

I Love You Because:

EF to do a show liaison session

Be More Chill:

AR to do a show liaison session

Treasurer:

Maciek to speak to NatWest again

Social Secretaries:

Beth and Will to continue Christmas ball preparation

Development Officers:

Hannah to sort out the backing tracks for Cabaret

Web and Promotions Officer:

Chloe to put Be More Chill cast credits up

Chloe to put email addresses up

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

NSSC social being organised

Welfare Officers:

Emma to send off society merch

Original Writing Officer:

Susie to plan another workshops

AOB:

Alex to sort out Megapitch dates

Society Update:

No Society Update

O.A.P and Me:

IBP: Why are you still on the agenda.

EF: Show feedback. No one's doing it - we have 4 responses. I'm going to close it next week.

EF to collate show feedback by next week.

Songs for a New World:

SC: I asked PR if I could leave for the feedback and he said that's okay.

(*KH reads out show feedback*)

AR: Can you post it on the group?

KH: Yep.

KH to put show feedback on committee group to be approved.

Made in Dagenham:

CT: We've finished Act one and have the bios out.

AW: How are we with membership.

MS: Yeah numbers are looking good. We got full committee membership this week too.

MID to continue with the show process.

I Love You Because:

MS: Nothing big to report. We've sent our graphics off to CT.

CT: Yeah, I'll be finishing those off in a couple of days then you'll have a poster.

AW: We need to elect a show liaison.

EF: I'd like to be show liaison for small show because:

- I'm not in a show yet so I have all the time in the world
- I'm welfare officer so it's my job to listen to all the beef
- As there's a new member of the society in the show I want to bridge the gap between committee and the cast

(*EF is Show Liaison for ILYB*)

AW: We need a prod liaison.

KH: I'd like to be prod liaison for small show because:

- It's me or R.O.N.
- I ended up doing this role for the Edinburgh Show
- I know people on the prod teams

*(*KH is Prod Liaison for ILYB*)*
EF to go in for liaison session.

Be More Chill:

AW: We have a cast and they're tight.

CT: We have APs.

AW: And an AD so we've fulfilled committee's stipulations. We also need to elect show and prod liaison.

AR: I'd like to be show liaison for spring show because:

- Unfortunately I couldn't audition but I still really want to get involved
- I know there's lots of freshers in the show and I want them to continue to have a great experience in this show

*(*AR is Show Liaison for BMC*)*

AW: We have no OJ so we can't elect a prod liaison.

AR to go in for liaison session.

Treasurer:

MS: I don't have an update.

AW: Apart from NatWest.

MS: Oh yeah. We haven't got it yet.

KH: Can you send me the money for the drum bag.

HM: Also the piano is broken.

KH: I'll look at it when I have some time.

MS to speak to NatWest again about the lost money.

Social Secretaries:

WF: We've got the TG event on Saturday. We're going to put up the event for Christmas ball up soon - it's at the same place as last time. It'll be £30 dining.

MS: It was £35 but I've contributed to it.

BM: Les Mis is still happening.

WF: Everyone's paid for it.

MS: See it works! Pay before you.... Play?

WF: We won't do it for christmas ball though.

AW: I think you should.

WF: Yeah.

BM and WF to continue with Christmas Ball preparation.

Development Officers:

IBP: Cabaret's sorted. Form's done. I said the deadline for sending backing tracks is the 9th December. I'm going to close the form on the 5th December. I've got a christmas tree for it. We've done some workshops too.

IBP and HM to sort out more workshops and backing tracks for Cabaret.

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: I'm going to chuck up the BMC credits onto the website.

AW: Have you done mine and SC's email address on the website yet?

CT: I'll message my group chat with NO and CH and find out how to do that. The only other thing I've got is the ILYB graphics.

CT to put BMC on the website.

CT to put AW and SC's email's on the website.

Tours Officer:

KH: We're having a Legally Blonde NSSC social.

NSSC social to happen.

Welfare Officers:

EF: Are you faring well? The deadline for merch is on Monday so I'll do a final post before I send it off. We've got enough that we can make the orders. For Christmas, me, OJ, EB and KS are going to be doing a yoga or meditation session for exam stress.

EF and OJ to liaise with TG for a meditation session.

EF to send off society merch.

Original Writing Update:

SC: Someone's emailed me and I'm talking about their original writing. I've also had some comments off the prompt for this week. We've got another workshop happening next week. I haven't decided on the topic yet but I'll let you know.

SC to plan another Original Writing workshop.

SC to continue to discuss with society members their original writing.

AOB:

CT: I have a gripe. If you as committee have agreed to do something, it is your responsibility to turn up and do it. Also, workshops - I'm glad some of you turned up but others turned up late without messaging me. I've not missed a workshop and a social. We can't just apply one rule to some and not to others. It's just not fair to those of us who do go to all of them. I had to do mine and then I have to turn up at some that have no significance to me. I just think that this week it's been really frustrating how many instances there have been where a committee member has not turned up to certain commitments.

[Committee are reminded of their duties as a member of the society's committee.](#)

AW: Summer show pitches need to be organised. I think we should aim to have them on a weekend, rehearsals allowing.

EF: We could do Wednesday afternoon after workshop?

AW: I'll make a poll.

[AW to sort out Summer show pitches date.](#)

EF: Another thing that was mentioned in our TG/Comedy meeting was the idea that we should have a dress-up code where we dress nicely to go and see each others shows and make an effort.

CT: I think that's nice. If people see we're in smart outfits it'll class up the Annex and eventually it will catch on.

EF: You wouldn't turn up to a normal west end show in pyjamas.

[Committee have been given a dress code to wear smart casual to any annex show.](#)