

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]

Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]

Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]

Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]

Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF]

Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]

Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]

APOLOGIES:

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]

Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]

Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]

Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]

Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]

Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]

NON-COMMITTEE:

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

Millie Edwards [ME]

Milly Rusling [MR]

Elie Pembrey [EP]

Rhiannon Morgan [RM]

Nick Ong [NO]

Immy Speck [IS]

Elle Bogle [EB]

Minutes in a Minute



Made in Dagenham:

Chloe to get a £50 reimbursement on lib deliveries

I Love You Because:

CT to get information on the ILYB fundraiser

Be More Chill:

Added rehearsals during the exam period to make up for lost time

RENT:

RENT to have auditions

Treasurer:

No Update

Social Secretaries:

Beth and Will to plan a social event

Development Officers:

Imy and Hannah to sort out more workshops including a committee roles workshop

Web and Promotions Officer:

Chloe to put up Cabaret videos

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

NSSC social to happen

Welfare Officers:

Emma to sort out cast clothing

Original Writing Officer:

Susie to look over original writing

AOB:

Alex to sort out Megapitch dates

Society Update:

PR: Please can I do my A.O.B. now because I might not be here at the end. It will need some thinking through but I think we should try and get the new committee to hold the 24 pitches before Easter. Obviously we'd have to think about the 2 weeks notice thing and the AGM but it would really help whichever team gets the slot to have the month off in easter to write the script and the music.

AW: The only thing we'd have to bare in mind is handovers.

PR: You'd only need the top 4 of committee to have handovers before then because they're the only ones in the pitch.

Made in Dagenham:

CT: All the librettos got delivered back to us.

PR: So we're doing the show again!

CT: I've applied for reimbursement because I spent £50 to send them back and it wasn't on. ME's is keeping hers and MR is going to send hers back in the way AW did with Sweeney. EP lost hers at the first rehearsal but MS will have all the invoices.

[CT to get a £50 reimbursement on lib deliveries.](#)

I Love You Because:

CT: Their fundraising event will go up when they tell me what it is. Also, cast clothing's been ordered.

[CT to get information on the ILYB fundraiser.](#)

Be More Chill:

AW: Audition feedback has been sent out today. I know it was meant to happen before Christmas, I apologise profusely.

CT: Cast clothing is nearly ready to be ordered. I'm still waiting for tech to send photos of themselves for their avatars.

AW: I've got some rehearsals during the exam period for some people to cover what we lost on Tuesday because of RENT auditions.

[Added rehearsals during the exam period to make up for lost time.](#)

RENT:

CT: I've got a message from WF and it starts with bums. They've got auditions this week,

RM is their AC and NO has made their graphics. In terms of a Supervising producer, I think we need to push for one again. They've still not got one and I know they said WF can do it but I don't want him to take on too much. IS is the lead producer but she is costume and props.

AW: Could we get NO to be a supervising producer. I'm sure we said that'd be fine.

CT: They've not finalised that. Also I think that's not effective enough.

EF: I agree. To produce and direct a summer show is hard. I worry about someone putting fingers in too many pies. It's f*cking knacker.

CT: There's no one I can think of but I think we need to push for this because I don't have enough faith that they could deal with the workload as a team and I really want this process to go smoothly.

OJ: I just don't think it's possible. If there's no one there then we can't do anything about it.

EF: You could go to TG?

CT: Also, they're reaching out for a dramaturge but they haven't had any responses yet.

AW: Let's emphasise that they should try again with Supervising Producers.

RENT to have auditions.

Treasurer:

No Treasurer Update.

Social Secretaries:

BM: We're going to start planning a social.

EF: Really?

BM and WF to plan a social event.

Development Officers:

CT: We need to have a committee roles workshop before the AGM.

IBP and HM to sort out more workshops including a committee roles workshop.

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: Cabaret videos ruined my christmas. I had everything and then my wifi went and all of them crashed so we're going to try again after exams. There are gallery photos up on the website too. After exams I will do the cabaret videos again.

CT to put up Cabaret videos.

Tours Officer:

PR: Money from winter assassins will be paid after exams. NSSC is on Sunday so everyone should come.

NSSC social to happen.

Welfare Officers:

EF: Society clothing hath arrived and is in AR's car. I'll go through the excel and make sure I check off when people have got their clothing.

OJ: I've been talking more with EB about having chill sessions during exams. We've got one next week doing yoga.

EF to sort out cast clothing.

Original Writing Update:

SC: Not much is happening at the moment. I've been given some stuff to read which I'll do once I've finished with exams.

CT: There's going to be an upcoming pitch for independent.

SC: Just send the stuff over to me to read it because obviously it has to go through me and committee before it can be pitched.

AW: I'm under the impression that you wouldn't start the pitch notice period until everyone has read the script.

PR: That's how it was done last year.

CT: The prod team was under the impression that that was the case.

SC to look over original writing.

AOB:

No AOB.