

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]

Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]

Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]

Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]

Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]

Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]

Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]

Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]

Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF]

Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]

APOLOGIES:

Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]

Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]

NON-COMMITTEE:

Cydney waite Brown [CWB]

Freya Mason [FM]

Daisy Newman [DN]

Molly Ellis [ME]

Charlie English [CE]

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

Ollie Johson [OJ]

Ben Mcquigg (BM)

Minutes in a Minute

I Love You Because:

[Show feedback](#)

Be More Chill:

[Intensive week going well](#)

[Social at Toby Cavalry](#)

[Shows next week](#)

[Fundraiser on Saturday](#)

RENT:

[Act 1 Songs all taught](#)

[Bios up](#)

Treasurer:

[Finding funding for NST](#)

Social Secretaries:

[Beth and Will to plan a social event after BMC](#)

Development Officers:

[Imy and Hannah to sort out the workshop number and cabaret.](#)

Web and Promotions Officer:

[Chloe to put up Cabaret videos](#)

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

[NSSC social to happen](#)

Welfare Officers:

[Working to get funding for NSDF](#)

AOB:

[Showstoppers Keyboard in PA house](#)

I love you because:

EF: Gave Show feedback

CE: I've come here because I wanted to apologize that that's in there because it's not fair and not accurate when that came it a bunch of us were together and very angry and I redacted mine initially then filled it out addressing what i think is the issue. I think throughout with a lot of showstoppers stuff is something bad happens at one point then it snowballs to a point where it's so divided you can't see the wood from the trees. I wanna apologise I know who that was and i know they didn't redact it and i believe that they would so i'll chat with them about that because it's not fair in the slightest it was a great show we came in with an attitude to be uly confrontational so there were confrontations and that's solely on us solely on me I certainly didn't help that. I fully believe that MD's if bad members are being shitty you kick them out you find someone else, because We should've been kicked off at Dagenham. We know that there's no excuse for what we've done. We've got very cocky and very up our own areses about what we can do. And I just came here to apologise that this had to be in this format. I know where all of the other stuff came from and i'm going to chat with them about that. But Mackeik, none of that's fair i apologize to you personally. We were acting like dicks people who were involved in it. It was a great show and I'm really sorry that happened.

EF: Thank you

IBP: That took genuine balls.

AW: I think it is worth opening another night a discussion about this.

ME: I agree

CT: maybe when society feedback roles back around we can encourage band members to fill it in and ask them what can make the showstoppers experience enjoyable. Just trying to make them feel that they are a part of the society.

ME: It already feels better in BMC

CT: Could we just make sure that if something is going wrong in a tech run, or you're happy with something bring it to a prod team member or the TD's rather than the entire room. Every techy is there for longer than the cast as they got to pack down just try and be patient with them. If people go into the tech run with a set plan and everyone is in the know it will be good.

ME: With BMC having two tech runs I think it's going in the right direction

CT: Feel free to ask TD's any questions, but when we get to the annex we are in TD territory

AW: Tech runs are just really hard to organise so going blind into a tech run is hard.

CT: I'm happy to sit down with people and help them structure a good tech run.

AW: Maybe a workshop led by Stage soc on the best way to run a tech run.

Be More Chill

AW: In intensive week, last night went really well, going to Toby carvery tonight.

WF: First promo video will be out either today or tomorrow

CT: I'm making the last graphics for it now, We'd probably be boosting the 30 second one. I have now got some of the footage for it

AW: We also had a show liaison session yesterday

AR: Yes we did, and I did it the first 20 mins with my flyers undone didn't notice, for anyone who missed that it was a wonderful time. If it helps from now on if I have anything

stuck in my teeth or my flyers undone please tell me

AW: lol it's show is next week

CT: We have 4 reviews, two on opening night 1 on thursday and friday. We've got edge, Scene 1, Histeria and Arts of Southampton.

AW: Come to the fundraiser on Saturday.

WF: is there an event going up

CT: It's up

WF: oh when

CT: I made it in rehearsal like two days ago

HM: I actually saw that one

DN: Me too

Rent

AR: How we gonna pay

WF: We've taught all of the ACT 1 songs

FM: four people have already sent me their show bios, I uploaded the bios and already got four

DN: NGL I was very bored and it came up

AR: Anything else for rent

IBP: Pay it you bitch

Treasurer update

MS: Had a meeting with OJ and we talked about NSTF and started setting up a budget for that. So I'll have something to present next week.

ME: Uni of southampton want to do a big promotional push for NSTF

MS: we've paid for rights. I've started updating a spreadsheet of every single ticket sales since 2014 there's a two year gap where um john and victoria. But it can actually be quite good information. For like freshers shows there's five freshers shows and you can see the relationships. It's really cool.

Socials

BM: Not much, We obviously have BMC then we are going to plan some socials after BMC and then our last one

WF: we've very much been working in bursts, and we are out of bursts

ME: Oh the board game social was really fun

WF: It was it was a really nice time

AR: Is there a see BMC Social

BM: I'll get one up

AR: You might want to look at when you want to do your last one because you are running out of time. Or not.

IBP: if you want to make an event for a social after Cabret after our last cabret or if we all want to go get fucked up after again.

Development

HM: Cabret is coming up, sign up

IBP: We have six sign ups, I checked booking because gary went on holiday but we have the booking put it in the calendar. Get some more sign ups and make some cash cash money

CT: yeah stagesoc get out workshop is going to happen during BMC tech run,

IBP: sexy thanks

CT: so while cast are doing fuck all, their going to take them on tour and show them shit

AR: Is that just for the cast

CT: If anyone else wants to show up yea, but I'd say maybe not make an event for it

IBP: ok

CT: because it would be weird to invite that many people to tech run especially when there's already so much crew and so much cast the annex will be choca

HM: maybe it's something to push onto the next committee development officers to run a get out workshop

CT: yeah to get it done early on

IBP: we need to sort out our next committee number,

HM: Workshop number I'll talk to James he wants to do it again

IMP: If there's anyone else super keen to do it, because he has done it once

AR: Any keen fresher one

HM: Note to self as I'm doing minutes message john about workshop number

IBP: You're going to start collecting backing tracks, yeah I reckon about the 10th of march we can start pushing people to do it

HM: Note to self 10th of march push for backing tracks

IBP: I'll message you anyway

Web and Promo

IBP: We have a website

CT: Yeah for now

MS: did the snow stop

CT: Yeah

KH: Aawww

CT: I'm going to upload cabret videos in different bursts because i downloaded all 40 of them and only 16 of them are downloaded so somebody shoot me

Tours

KH: Assasins is now underway. Splitting the money equally is all looking good on that front, but yeah there isn't anything else for tours at this moment of time. NSSC I'll look to plan because i got to speak to ben about sweeney. I asked Ben about what state Sweeney's in and he's not had a chance to get it to a place that's filmed because he's really busy.

AW: I also messaged him saying "hey is there any chance you can send u the raw footage

over to us as a society” because I know you said you could do it if you had the chance if you had time.

ME: It's on the TV service

KH: I already have it

AW: Ok well he said yeah cause obviously he basically doesn't want to do it anymore which is the impression i got because its not his responsibility which is more than fair enough.

KH: When I have the chance to do it because it does take time to edit. I'll see what i can do and get it sorted and maybe do a double bill sort of thing

ME: that's quite hefty

KH: Not as back to back but a double bill as in a short gap between the two, I'll probably leave that to the next committee. But that's probably everything for that front.

Welfare

EF: We're working with Fiona to try and get a bursary fund for NSDF. Which has worked previously with suso and the sympathy orchestra so she's trying to get that for us.

CT: For now is it worth putting NSDF as a separate update because about 5 people update on it

AR: Absolutely fair

Original Writing

AR: no update

AOB:

AR: Lopsoc never got back to me about the keyboard and they did a show so must be all good.

IBP: Got a message saying “There is a keyboard in PA house, is it showstoppers?”

AR: Can you go and find out if the keyboard works there.