

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]  
President-Elect: Will Fieldhouse [WF]

Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]  
Vice-President-Elect: Chloe Taylor [CT]

Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]  
Secretary-Elect: Ellen Goggin [EG]

Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]  
Treasurer-Elect: Joseph Inglis [JI]

Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]  
Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]  
Social Secretary-Elect: Bitsy Pout [BP]  
Social Secretary-Elect: Rhiannon Morgan [RM]

Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]  
Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]  
Development Officer-Elect: John Galbraith [JG]  
Development Officer-Elect: Millie Edwards [ME]

Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]  
Web and Promotions Officer-Elect: Adam Wilson [AW]

Welfare Officers: Ollie Johnson [OJ]  
Welfare Officers-Elect: Nadia Raza [NR]  
Welfare Officers-Elect: Tom Pearson [TP]

### APOLOGIES:

Welfare Officers: Emma Frazzitta [EF]  
Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]

### NON-COMMITTEE:

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

Nick Ong [NO]

Society Update:

## Minutes in a Minute

Be More Chill:  
AW to send the ticket sales  
to MS or JI

RENT:  
Discussions continue on  
the RENT show and rehearsal process

Spring Awakening (NSDF):  
CT to ring NSDF for an update on the  
festival  
JI to ask people for NSDF show deposits

Treasurer:  
MS to receive ticket information from BMC  
for AW

Social Secretaries:  
RM and BP to plan a leavers event after  
Easter if the pandemic allows

Development Officers:  
A vote was put to committee and  
committee-elect and it was decided that the  
cabaret would be postponed for the  
foreseeable future

Web and Promotions Officer:  
AW to sort out committee-elect privileges  
and sort out RENT promotional materials  
on facebook  
CT to upload the cabaret videos

Welfare Officers:  
TP and NR to think of some online activities

Tours Officer (Other Tours):  
No Tours Update

Original Writing Officer:  
No Original Writing Update

AOB:  
No Useful AOB



Nothing to update

BMC:

AR: Feedback for BMC went out. I remember because I filled it in.

CT: It's compulsory for the committee to fill in.

AW: Is it?

AR: Yes, everyone does.

MS: Budget is quite a way from being closed. You probably won't get an invoice until about June. Have you (AW) written the ticket sales down yet?

AW: No. I've got 4000 words due on Thursday and I've only done 87 but I will get them to you as soon as I can.

[AW to send the ticket sales to MS or JI \(not really sure which?\)](#)

RENT:

WF: Still doing rehearsals with the people that are still here.

AR: I'm gonna throw it out there... I don't think it's gonna happen (how right you were AR... how right you were).

WF: Yeah, you keep saying.

AW: University won't open again for probably about 12 weeks because that's what happens when things like this happen.

BM: My mum who is a nurse says we won't be back after easter.

(\*Crying sound from all of those involved in RENT\*)

IBP: I think I'm gonna resit the year.

AR: We can still rehearse for the next week, right? We won't lose money?

WF: MTI said it's completely okay to push performance dates back. They also said if we need to cancel the show, we can probably start to get money back.

EG: Let's do it to an empty audience.

PR: We can quarantine together in the annex.

AR: NO finished the show poster too.

[Discussions continue on the RENT show and rehearsal process.](#)

Spring Awakening (NSDF):

OJ: NSDF hasn't released anything saying it isn't going ahead.

CT: NSDF have sent me a lot of tech stuff for it so they're expecting me to do a lot of work. I'll ring them up and see if they have any more info.

Jl: I've asked for deposits and half of them haven't paid. Should I stop?

CT: Keep going just in case it does go ahead.

[CT to ring NSDF for an update on the festival.](#)

Jl to ask people for NSDF show deposits.

#### Treasurer Update:

MS: We just need the BMC stuff then I'll be happy.

MS to receive ticket information from BMC for AW.

#### Social Update:

RM: Well... I've organised the google drive.

BP: Leavers Ball. Are we here?

IBP: I'm gonna stay another year.

RM: We're looking for somewhere where we don't need a deposit.

MS: That's not a thing.

BM: The peak of coronavirus they think will be May so it probably won't happen.

BP: If you're assuming exams will be pushed back then we probably can do it.

BM: I don't think exams are going to be a thing this year.

AR: Can someone update the social tonight about what's happening? (\*AW burps\*)

WF: I don't think you need to sort it now. Lets just see what happens after easter.

RM and BP to plan a leavers event after Easter if the pandemic allows (SPOILER ALERT: it doesn't)

#### Development Update:

IBP: I think we should put this to a vote on whether cabaret should go ahead. I had an email from SUSU asking to confirm the venue so they're happy for it to go ahead. What are people's thoughts?

HM: I don't think we should do it.

IBP: But also if we don't come back after Easter, we don't have a final cabaret.

HM: Lots of people are pulling out of things anyway so I don't think there will be a good turnout. I also think it's too much of a risk. Also we've left it on a high - the christmas cabaret was really good.

A vote was put to committee and committee-elect and it was decided that the cabaret would be postponed for the foreseeable future

#### Web & Promo:

AW: Don't really know what to say. Do you want me to upload the RENT posters and flyers thing to facebook yet?

WF: Not yet, we will have a banner soon.

AW: In intensive week, I'll put the promotional videos and photos up.

CT: We've done our handover. Admin privileges will be happening soon.

PR: Can you keep my committee privileges on the website so I can keep uploading minutes?

AW: Yes. no problem.

CT: I'm getting to uploading the cabaret videos. My laptop is just taking ages.

AW: Didn't KH say you could use his?

CT: Yes but it's also the website we're using to upload it - its really slow at the moment. New committee is on the website as well and the old committee will be losing their website privileges apart from PR.

AW to sort out committee-elect privileges and sort out RENT promotional materials on facebook.

CT to upload the cabaret videos.

Welfare Update:

IBP: I'm not faring well.

TP: We've had our handover.

OJ: As welfare, you should think about some good activities to do online to help people get through this.

TP and NR to think of some online activities.

Tours Update:

No Tours Update.

Original Writing Update:

No Original Writing Update.

AOB:

CT: Old committee, have you got any AOB?

RM: Are we going to do a committee meeting online on a call or something?

IBP: That's doable. We did that once and Hannah was brushing her hair.

PR: I wish you all the luck in the world!

(\*NO other AOB\*)

(Showstoppers committee leave - Showstoppers committee elect become the new committee!)

AOB:

WF: The main thing is that some people aren't keen with rehearsals continuing. Today is the last one of teaching things and then after today it would just be run so if the situation has massively changed we can sacrifice it.

MS: Could we move rehearsal days from later in the week to earlier?

CT: That would just be increasing people's exposure to each other and people have other commitments of the other days of the weeks so it wouldn't be fair to ask them to change that at such short notice.

MS: But if people had free time in the day could we do recaps? That way people could leave earlier.

CT: I would say open it up as a poll during tonight's rehearsal but it is up to prod teams discretion that isn't a committee discussion.

NR: For pitches on Friday are we still doing that?

CT: So 24 pitches unless you are on the 24 prod team you aren't coming to pitches because it is so secretive there is only 4 of us on committee who are allowed to be there.

RM: Might it be an idea to move pitches to earlier?

WF: They've already been moved early and they need all that time we can't move it any earlier for the prod teams.

ME: Is the fact cabaret isn't happening public knowledge?

CT: That is on IBP and HM to make a post about it.

WF: So we need to elect 3 roles for Tech Liaison, Tours officer, Facilities officer and Original writing officer. If anyone wants to run you will have a minute to give your reasoning.

Tech Liaison is the branch between us and StageSoc, asking them any of our questions and feedbacking their questions to us. CT do you want to talk to us about it as the current Tech liaison

CT: Because it's not got set job descriptions I've been doing it more as trying to teach people about tech. So one of the ideas we had recently was teaching people how to do tech runs and teaching people how to help with Get Out.

WF: The facilities officer is in charge of all the equipment we own, the drum bag, the keyboard, the electric drum kit. So it helps if you live close to campus but it isn't required. You are in charge of making sure everything is in good condition and noticing us if anything needs replacing or fixing.

CT: Pedals need replacing a lot. You can also liaise with PA facilities officer for PA house things.

WF: Original Writing Officer, last year it was a more prominent role than in the past. We've had OW workshops biweekly but that's not necessarily a

requirement. If we get any OW work in there is the process where you vet it, bring it to committee and we possibly pitch it for the independent slot!

#### TECH LIAISON

CT:

- I do tech.
- None of you f\*\*\*ing want this

CT was nominated as Tech Liaison

#### FACILITIES OFFICER

RM:

- I'm living near campus
- We have a big garage we don't know what to do with and my housemates won't mind as I bake for them

RM was nominated as Facilities Officer

#### ORIGINAL WRITING OFFICER

AW:

- Vote for me as I'm a creative person
- I write better facebook posts than JG as you've seen ("whats guys")

JG:

- I've done OW in the past and I plan to do it in the future \*cough "Poultry Dash" \*cough (in an ironic way though not Corona just to clarify)

JG was nominated as Original Writing Officer

WF: We have addressed the fact that we have a lot of money in the account now so there's the potential of investing it into something, I know CT and I were considering the camera we currently have could use upgrading. We don't want to sink into a large amount of the money but we think it would be a good investment.

JL: I was speaking with RM about leavers meal subsidies and I could do quite a large one if we wanted to but we'd have to look through how many people will turn up.

WF: Yes we can discuss that when we get round to planning that, whenever it will be. Don't plan any venues before we come back for Easter though!

CT: Another idea for funding I was going to ask if StageSoc want to do a cross society fundraising where we both contribute towards it and then combine it with SUSU funding to get rechargeable batteries to save money for shows and help the environment by reducing the amount of batteries we use.

WF: Anything else whilst we are on the topic of funding?

JG: I would quite like to look into some professional workshops.

CT: Welfare officers can you get out the form for committee tops out ASAP please. Committee tops are compulsory. If you can get the form out before we leave for Easter than that means Wessex Clothing have got all of Easter to do it. Everyone has to get one so please fill in the form once it's out.

BP: What colour?

CT: Blue, the society's colour. You have to wear them to things like AGMs, EGMs, Pitches and cabarets.

JG: My AOB is that it is "AOB" not "any AOB"

AW: I want to start a discord server.

CT: NO!

AW: We can bring this up later.

RM: What is a discord server?

CT: NO!

AW: We can bring this up later.

TP: Shall I message EF about getting water bottles from her?

CT: Yes she is self isolating though.

WF: Congrats everyone we have handed over committee and it is our job for the year!