

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)  
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)  
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)  
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)  
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)  
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)  
JG - John Galbraith (Development)  
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)  
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)  
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)  
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

### APOLOGIES:

### NON-COMMITTEE:

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

HM - Hannah Maskall  
KH - Kit Hobbs

## Minutes in a Minute



Be More Chill:  
Feedback closing  
Treasurer Prize to be announced

RENT:  
RIP. Seasons of love video coming.

Spring Awakening (NSDF):  
RIP

Treasurer:  
Social Secretaries:  
Rhiannon and Bitsy to continue social Saturdays and start on leavers awards.  
Joint PA social

Development Officers:  
Web and Promotions Officer:  
Adam to put up Sweeney and SA show videos.  
Chase up photos for the IG

Tours Officer (Other Tours):  
24 footage still in editing

Welfare Officers:  
Sort committee clothing

Original Writing Officer:  
Chicken Run the Musical script is done!

AOB:  
Feedback from committee days to be collected.  
Megapitches plan of action to be put in place.  
Handbook to be updated

\*\*\*This committee was conducted over a zoom video call due COVID-19 lockdown

Society Update:

NR: We're the best committee ever!

WF: No other committee feedback other than Coronavirus

Be More Chill:

WF: Feedback is getting closed today so if anyone hasn't filled that out yet go do it.

RM: Who won the treasurer prize for BMC?

CT: I have the ticket sales and can work that out.

Feedback is closing. Treasurer prize for ticket sales to be worked out and announced.

Rent:

WF: Still unfortunately not happening is the update for that. Would've been opening night Wednesday night :(

RM: When the Seasons of Love compilation is put together will that go on the main showstoppers page?

WF: It will probably go on the 2020 one first then the main one next. Because we're really not operating the main page at the moment as a first response.

WF: The email we got from MTI about giving us the money back from rent has said gather all the rehearsal material and send it back to them and at that point they can reimburse us. MTI offices aren't open at the moment so collecting material will be a post lockdown kind of thing.

(RM has lost her shirt after Kenny stole it for the fashion shoot, tragic)

BP: Lots of people are asking about cast clothing for Rent.

WF: That will probably be something we try do prod side of things. If we do go ahead with it we might do a different design to the clothing to take note of the fact to make it more unique.

JG: Just put the logo on a gravestone!

WF: If there's enough interest we will do it once Wessex clothing is operating.

RIP Rent. Season of love compilation when done will be posted to the page. MTI will give a full refund.

Post lockdown: Collect rehearsal material and return to MTI. Rent cast clothing

Spring Awakening (NSDF):

EG: My heart is breaking

WF: This is just a sad reminder this agenda

JG: Is the show video on the playlist yet?

AW: No it is not yet I will get that done

RIP Spring Awakening. AW to put Sweeney Todd and Spring Awakening videos up.

### Treasurer Update:

Jl: 3 things: Be more chill material payments were sent last month, I paid off the debt on the SUSU site that John said on his livestream and HM has sent me a receipt for the `postage of some 24 shirts from last year

WF: After lockdown people won't have been spending much money so that will be a good opportunity to get on them about debts.

Everything is paid off. Joe to round up debt from peeps.

### Socials Update:

BP: Quiz tomorrow so please come as you're all in it! After the first ¾ we think people want more structure to them.

RM: We are going to try set up showstoppers cards against humanity. Anyone have any feedback?

BP: No one gives us feedback!! (\*Bitsy says through the tears)

EG: Like you said last week having the kahoots and just something planned and structured to do between the questions was nice.

BP: Playing Never Have I Ever but we now all know the answers to everything.

WF: Yeah structure for socials and then having breaks in between that for people to just chat.

CT: Even have one week where you have the night off and have a social during the day. Tame ones like fun board games online.

WF: We could all have lunch together.

RM: BP and I are thinking about doing a bake sesh together, like cookerama but to make it funnier (\*Jl is deeply offended) and then edit it together. Maybe "here's the recipe cook along with us".

JG: You could do "how to bake and how not to bake". I'll let you choose which one does which.

(\*RM shows us her cakes she's made and one falls over)

CT: Bon Appetit videos on yt where there's back to back cooking so RM narrates what BP does but you can't see what BP doing.

RM: Could do a collab with Jl?

(\*Jl is still piffed about RM dissing cookerama)

RM: Yearbook stuff, web people can you send me the old yearbook stuff so I can mark off who has definitely graduated.

AW: Yes, can you send me the list of leavers once you've done that?

BP: RM the leavers meal thing...? What do we do?

CT: If you want to get started on the leavers awards

WF: Regardless of our situation we will still do some sort of leavers event, whether it has to be online or if we can do something in person. After lockdown we can start looking at if places will start opening up and if it's viable to start booking.

RM: Should we send out a form to see if leavers are willing to come back at Christmas?

EG: I think this is better to discuss in a few weeks time when we have a better idea

JG: Millie and I were assuming it would be a cabaret/leavers ball

BP: That will be the plan and I think people will come in summer, late August or something.

RM: For the awards, I'm confused, so we make sure every leaver gets an award.

CT: So there's acting/performing awards, prod team awards, overall society awards and then every individual leaver gets an award. Inside jokes like at the end of a show.

Social Saturdays to have more structure e.g. quizzes & daytime social/bake sesh

Adam to coordinate with social secs for list of leavers.

Rhiannon and Bitsy get started on leavers awards.

Leavers ball/cabaret to be discussed about feasibility after lockdown

#### Development Update:

ME: We haven't run out of ideas yet! Not much to report, people are engaging with them.

WF: Do you have access to the ideas bin from last year and will you use that to get ideas?

ME: Yeah we have access to it but we haven't used it yet.

Use "Ideas Bin" for ideas if needed.

#### Web & Promo Update:

AW: I want to start getting pictures up but I still need people to send me them. Chloe wanna say anything about the yearbook?

CT: Base design for yearbook is all there. I wanna propose an idea, do we want to have a page for band and tech leavers? I don't think they'll care if they don't get it but I think it'll be nice so if socials and Adam wanna get me a list of those.

WF: Have some of them filled out a form to get a leavers book?

CT: No but I think it'll be nice to have like in the programme we split one page between them.

BP: So you want a list of band and tech leavers?

CT: We can leave some of the band out as they'll be some graduating that say played in legally blonde that have never done another showstoppers show so if you wanna just put the band BNOC people that follow showstoppers. There won't be any tech leavers as tech never graduate!

Adam to chase up photos for the IG. Yearbook is coming along.

Socials and Adam to sort list of leavers.

#### Welfare Update:

NR: No one has messaged to say they're struggling but i'm sure people are so, of the people I speak to they say it's good that we have this structure of having everyday someone's got a thing to do.

TP: Yeah I just wanna say that I think we're all doing a really good job considering the circumstances and since we've been thrown in the deep end, especially people who weren't on committee before, so I think we're doing a really good job and should keep it up!

NP: It's giving people something to look forward to, especially with the taskmaster tasks

WF: We might get some welfare complaints after the diss tracks but hey.

EG: In last week's Sexytary Sunday form I did a "who are people doing" and most people responded Alright/Good so days are dragging but showstoppers are getting people through.

JG: Yeah I don't know what other PA societies are doing so go us!

CT: That was a thought RM of doing a cross PA societies thing.

RM: I'm thinking of messaging other social secs to do a joint social, maybe a quiz!

[Keep being fab committee!! RM & BP to do joint PA social?](#)

Tours Update:

WF: There's no tours anywhere for anyone so no update

CT: We need to check on 24 footage?

EG: I spoke to KH a few weeks ago about that and he said that he hasn't looked at the footage in a while as he asked if I'd want it for a Sexytary Sunday so I think he is going to start editing so I will follow up on that.

[Ellen shall chase up about last year's 24 footage.](#)

Original Writing Update:

JG: I've finished the script for Chicken Run the musical and I'm planning on pitching in December!

[Chicken Run the Musical is born](#)

AOB:

AW: Are we going to sort out our specific committee clothing after lockdown?

TP: I was putting it off for the moment but do we want it in preparation for when we're back?

CT: You can put out the form on the committee group and we fill in our sizes then you can always send an email to Wessex clothing.

NR: Do we wanna put the pixel versions of us on the back?

EG: That'd be cute

WF: Literally anytime before we get back aim to have it sorted, maybe before summer?

[After lockdown: Committee clothing to be sorted before we're back after summer](#)

EG: Do we wanna do a google form on the showstoppers page to get feedback about committee days to see if people want anything again or suggestions.

JG: Like jotforms!

[Ellen to gather feedback on Committee days from the society](#)

CT: Megapitches is a thing that may end up having to be online? They're normally held around this time?

WF: Last year it was the day before 24 as megapitches and leavers ball were on the same day.

CT: If Will and I come up with a plan for how it would work if we do it online then send it to you guys to discuss from there.

AW: As you all know I am running a pitch of Seussical but we might not have Quorum so will we try to do an EGM online?

CT: At that point I think we have to the fact that the constitution is at committee's discretion because having an EGM online would be chaos.

[An online plan for megapitches to be arranged and discussed.](#)

CT: I'm going to go through the handbook and fill in stuff so I will assign tasks to people.

[Handbook to be updated](#)

#Quarantine committee going down in history