

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)
JG - John Galbraith (Development)
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

APOLOGIES:

NON-COMMITTEE:

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

BM - Beth Mitchell
CE - Charlie English

Minutes in a Minute

Be More Chill:
Feedback closing.
Treasurer Prize to be announced



RENT:
Feedback to be sorted
Committee Days:
Feedback has been taken on board and new ideas to come.

Treasurer:

Social Secretaries:
Cards Against Humanity social

Development Officers:
Audition songs playlist idea

Web and Promotions Officer:
Committee photos to be posted on the instagram

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

Welfare Officers:

Original Writing Officer:
A possible workshop to be done

AOB:
Committee to write about their roles for the handbook

***This committee was conducted over a zoom video call due COVID-19 lockdown

Society Update:

None

Be More Chill:

WF: Hopefully should have feedback by next week as there's a lot of feedback to compile.

We'll get in touch with the prod team to see if they want to join the call to hear it.

CT: I'll find out treasure prize for next week.

[Feedback is closing. Treasurer prize for ticket sales to be worked out and announced.](#)

Rent:

RM: Do we need to do feedback for Rent?

CT: We got through most of the show process but we didn't do intensive so can't do audience feedback. That will be a BM thing to sort.

[Feedback to be sorted.](#)

Committee Days Update:

EG: I did a form. We got some responses. So I'll go through each day:

Meme Monday - Mostly positive, it's a nice day off with easy to consume media.

People liked the caption competitions and would like to see more of those again and they liked the showstopper memes.

[Caption competition and showstopper memes to be done more.](#)

Takecare Tuesday - Adorable! Love you both and the balance/contrast you have.

Someone said they liked the chill crafts NR, and also yoga and Britney dance.

[Crafts sessions and yoga to be done again.](#)

Workshop Wednesday: Again good balance between ME and JG. Favourite so far was dressing up. We've already done people so I don't know, maybe we could do another one of those? Someone said could do with a little more variation, but I feel like there has been and they haven't suggested anything. A suggestion said this could be a day where more members could get involved with some singing/musical theatre focused ones.

ME: JG did a singing one and no one did it.

EG: Maybe picking a more well known song? Have a think between the two of you.

[Some more musical theatre based events?](#)

Tayhouse Thursday - Overruling theme here was Taskmaster! Everyone is excited for the videos and how much effort when in. The Harry Potter quiz was also loved. The only comment was "it was fun but tasks seemed a bit over organised as it ended up being stressful with loads to do" so if you do another one you could do it over a 2 week period to complete tasks? Or could do less tasks.

WF: I've learnt my lesson don't worry! However we try to continue it, it will be a lot more relaxed for my sake.

(NR has popcorn for the viewing)

CT: We were thinking if everyone who did it is down then we might try to do a live version in Edlec with teams tasks, live tasks etc.

[Another taskmaster to be done with fewer tasks.](#)

Finance Friday - Generally people are enjoying it. One suggestion is it might be getting a little boring/repetitive, which you have done since and changed up last week with Cookerama and then again this week with the video!

RE: One idea you could do JI is if you do a video of you cooking and send it to someone like CE to narrate over, even if it's heckling you for the whole thing.

Social Saturday - Fun Fun Fun! Thoroughly enjoy. Favourite so far is the quiz. Like the variation. Someone said to make sure that quizzes about society members are inclusive which I believe you did but just keep it in mind. We have a suggestion (mini celebration from all) "can we do a club penguin social where we all play together on the same server".

BP: It's really easy to get kicked off though

EG: Let's play who can be kicked off the quickest!

Sexytary Sunday - People mostly seem to like this day and newsletters. Some People suggested doing more polls for which time suits people best which we've done this week. One person said they like it but don't think the newsletters do a lot.

EG: They're not really meant to do a lot, I think it's just a cute little weekly thing with list suggestions of tv or films etc.

RM: You could include some things outside the society that companies are doing such as you can order coffee to your door.

JG: My dad's a postman and he just got dominos pizza!

Another comment is about the wider society knowing about viewings. I did it for Spring Awakening but I didn't think the wider showstoppers would care to join for the general Broadway shows since the point of 2020 is it's the active showstoppers members.

CT: Anyone who knows about the viewings the link is public so it can be shared to anybody and they can send it. But there's 600 people going back to 2014 so unless their old shows they don't need to be public.

[Newsletter to include some outside society stories and do polls for musical viewing times.](#)

Generally: People are loving the committee days. One suggestion is to let a society member run a day.

ED: JI did but no one wanted to do it.

AW: There's nothing stopping anyone from posting on the page, we only do specific days as it's been set at a committee. So maybe making a post to remind people.

Overall they say they love us lots and to keep going.

Treasurer Update:

Jl: My form looks fantastic.

Socials Update:

BP: Come this saturday, I made Kahoots.

RM: We're planning Cards Against Humanity for next week and make our own cards.

Development Update:

ME: If anyone has any ideas let us know

CT: I had an idea if you ask people about audition songs and then make a playlist for sopranos, altos, tenors, bases.

RM: You could do a zoom original writing workshop as our original writing officer JG? You could pick a stimulus of "we're going to write a song about say Tracey Beaker".

NR: The prompts could be other people like we did for taskmaster so "write a Haiku about..." to get everyone involved.

CT: With taskmaster we found a weird order of people who's birthday is next after yours.

[Audition song playlists and possibly an original writing workshop](#)

Web and Promo Update:

AW: Spring Awakening and Sweeney Todd are on the website.

BP: When are you posting the pictures on instagram?

AW: I was thinking of doing them a week at a time, starting next week wednesday maybe.

NR: That would take 11 weeks.

BP: You'd be done on the 22nd of July! I think you should do it one a day.

WF: If you want more stuff to go on the instagram in the lead up to us going back you can think of something else to put on as well.

CT: You've also not posted the results of cookerama yet

NR: Could we have our pixel people on the website?

AW: I'll think about it!

[Committee photos to be posted on the instagram and results of cookerama to be announced.](#)

Welfare Update:

Nothing

Tours Update:

Nothing

Original Writing Update:

Nothing

AOB:

AW: Do we want to get a zoom premium for the society?

WF: What is the benefit exactly?

AW: Meetings wouldn't end abruptly. I don't think it's that important but it was mentioned so I thought I'd say.

RM: I came up with an idea inspired by JI video of we could ask people to do vlogs as characters they've been this year of what they think they're characters would be doing in lockdown, like what do you think the Chinese waiter from ILYB would be doing in this situation?

JI: I'll do that for a finance friday!

CT: Handbook is a piece of \$£!* so if you can all get to writing a piece about your committee role, even if you message the people who did it last year.

[Committee to write about their roles for the handbook](#)