

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)
JG - John Galbraith (Development)
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

APOLOGIES:

NON-COMMITTEE:

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

EF - Emma Frazzitta

Minutes in a Minute



RENT:

Cast clothing being arranged.
Still waiting on some scripts

Freshers Project:

Auditions are happening, deadline Sunday.

L5Y/PIT Double Bill:

Auditions have begun and callbacks will be next week.

Treasurer:

Rent budget still open as invoices needed

Social Secretaries:

Naked calendar event being posted.
Quiz this weekend

Development Officers:

Workshop poll to be made to gauge availability and interest.

Web and Promotions Officer:

SUSU email to be sent out to interested members about audition information.

Welfare Officers:

Committee clothing is being ordered

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

Original Writing Officer:

AOB:

2020 group to be shared onto the main showstoppers group.
Committee days begin in a couple of weeks.

***This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

WF: Committees will continue online for the time being since we cannot do them in person (big sad).

CT: We have about 70 members interested on the SUSU page

WF: Do we want to use the SUSU's email feature to send everyone interested an email about auditions?

AW: Yes I can do that.

[Committee will continue on teams for now.](#)

RENT Update:

WF: This is still on the agenda until the budget is closed. I've got all but two of the scripts now. We are also arranging cast clothing!

[Cast clothing is being arranged and waiting on some final scripts](#)

Fresher's Project:

ME: We currently have 12 fresher's signed up for the project, we are expecting a couple more within the next few days. We've extended the deadline to Sunday and let people who make it in on Monday.

WF: We will do liaison next week so if people who want to go for it work out what they want to say by then.

BP: Liaison has to be someone in committee yes?

WF: Yes, on committee and not a member of the prod team.

[Fresher's Project audition video deadline is Sunday and cast list sent out Monday](#)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double bill:

RM: We've had auditions this week, they're closing tomorrow. SUSU are fine with all our room bookings as long as we do their risk assessment.

[Auditions for the double bill have commenced and call backs are next week.](#)

Treasurer Update:

Jl: Need invoice for Rent deposit and cast clothing.

[Rent invoice needed](#)

Social Update:

BP: I had a message asking about if we have more information on the naked calendar event?

WF: From what we were saying before it would be good to make a poll on the facebook group to gauge interest.

BP: Rhiannon do you want to make the post or shall I do it?

RM: You can go for it.

NR: I've had someone bring up to me that they missed a social because they're not in the 2020 group so could we make a post just advertising it again so that new members know to join it for up to date information?

RM: We'll also share the event this week into the main showstoppers group.

CT: People have requested another Harry Potter quiz, if people are down I am happy to make it?

RM: Yes and we can sort everyone into teams based on their houses!

[Naked calendar post will be made and organised. 2020 facebook group to be shared to main group.](#)

Development Update:

ME: Because we don't have Wednesday afternoons on the timetable anymore when do you suggest we do?

CT: Put a poll on the facebook group with different times and pick the time that works for the majority.

WF: If there are free evenings with no rehearsals you can always do evenings occasionally.

[Workshop poll to be made for when people are free.](#)

Web & Promo:

AW: Rhiannon if you want me to share that event just message me about that and same with workshops Millie.

CT: Can you please make sure you grammar and spell check the posts you make on the page before you post them.

WF: And also make sure you send out that email about auditions to the interested members on the SUSU page, probably by this evening or tomorrow. You can also include something about the social tomorrow on there.

[Adam to email interested members information about fresher auditions.](#)

Welfare Update:

NR: We are nearly there with committee clothing and soon I'll get the invoice to send over to Joe (*shows preview pictures).

TP: I'm just looking at the showstoppers feedback for last year, should I start writing that up? And then will there be a day in committee where we'll feed that back?

WF: Yes if you start writing it up then once you're done we shall set a date.

TP: Okay. I've also messaged EF and I am going to be collecting the water bottles off her this

weekend and any other society clothing she may have.
[Committee tops are being ordered](#)

Tours Update:

Nothing

Original Writing Update:

Nothing

AOB:

EG: When are we going to start the committee days we discussed where everyone does once a week?

WF: I'd say we wait and see how these first few weeks go and once the freshers have started going to the group then we'll start those up again. People can start thinking of ideas now and things like the Harry Potter quiz will probably fall into one of those weeks.

EG: Okay amazing, I just wanted to bring it up so we don't forget about it and so that we can start preparing things.

WF: I'd say we start about 2 weeks past audition things.

[Committee days to begin in a couple weeks](#)