

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)  
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)  
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)  
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)  
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)  
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)  
JG - John Galbraith (Development)  
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)  
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)  
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)  
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

### APOLOGIES:

### NON-COMMITTEE:

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

IS - Immy Speck  
KH - Katie Hallam  
PR - Patrick Riley  
BD - Ben Dillin  
HM - Hannah Maskell  
SW - Sacha Wood  
ME - Molly Ellis

## Minutes in a Minute



### RENT:

Cast clothing being ordered.

### Freshers Project:

Cast clothing to be sorted.

Rehearsal material being released over lockdown. Annex slot to be booked.

Liaison session being scheduled.

### L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:

Cast clothing to be sorted.

Costumes being discussed with cast.

Fundraiser being organised.

### Treasurer:

Annex rights cost possibly being waived.

HP quiz winners to receive prizes.

Outstanding payments to be sent messages.

### Social Secretaries:

Social events to be hosted on teams.

Games social happening Sat.

More online socials in and after lockdown being planned.

Xmas social being planned, possibly in collab with cabaret.

### Development Officers:

Prod team role workshop/videos being organised. Cabaret deadlines to be announced.

### Web and Promotions Officer:

24 video is on website.

Website logins to be advertised.

Musical brackets still being posted.

### Welfare Officers:

Society clothing form to be open a couple more weeks. Society Feedback nearly finished.

Tours Officer (Other Tours):  
Made in Dagenham NSSC coming soon.

Original Writing Officer:  
Original musical script coming soon.

AOB:  
Nadia's yoga session to be advertised

\*\*\*This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

WF: Cast clothing order, I spoke to IS and she is currently waiting with the intention of bundling it with the double bill ones. She said she could also just go ahead with it now, I don't know if it makes much of a difference either way.

Jl: Do we have a list of all the people who have ordered RENT cast clothing? And can I get that list?

WF: IS will do as she put the form out for it so if you message her she can send you that. I don't know what step we are at with that because I don't know if she said how much stuff will cost.

CT: I think the original plan was there was going to be a big order with the double bill shows, RENT, PA committee, TG and I guess Fresher's if they're sorted by them to get them done in one. How are the Putting It Together and Last 5 Years cast clothing looking?

AW: I can't speak for the last 5 years. Once I've got everyone's forms in for PIT, I've done mine but I don't know about the other team.

CT: Anyone who hasn't responded to the form, message them to see if they want it and if not then you're done.

WF: Are Fresher's project planning to do a regular cast clothing deal?

ME: We haven't really thought about it yet but yes we can do, because obviously they won't have a character name to put on it but Holly had the little banner design we can put on the back with their names on the front.

RM: Just a cute idea for freshers project, you know like leavers hoodies have like the number made up of all the names, you could have it come out as "Showstoppers" or something with their names because they don't have character names.

CT: How many people do you think there are in the cast?

EG: Yeah we don't have enough people to do that.

Cast clothing to be ordered. Freshers & Double bill to sort cast clothing.

Fresher's Project:

JG: I uploaded the first rehearsal material for them to learn "At the end of the day" and KH can't do anything this week so she's going to post a dance next week.

ME: I messaged PR about the annex booking, we are figuring the specific dates we need it by as we've applied the rehearsal schedule from this term to next term and he said he will get back to me.

RM: I know it is really early on in your rehearsal process but it might be worth having a look at doing a liaison session with them before christmas, partly so that they can meet TM as liaison and as welfare.

Rehearsal material being released over lockdown. Annex slot to be booked. Liaison session being organised.

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

RM: I don't know much about PIT but I know BD and I have been discussing costumes for L5Y and we have spoken to the girls so that they have a heads up before heading home for christmas. BD is also going to talk to the boys about costumes so that they know what to look out for. I am also going to take BD to the PA house soon as I still have PA house keys.

Costumes are being discussed with casts.

Treasurer Update:

JJ: Number one an update of what went on this week. I went to SUSU reception to try and get the posted security but it wasn't there as the postal system is the worst thing i've ever seen. There are also loads of letters we haven't claimed, is that important? There are about 30 letters but they are all addressed to March-April 2020.

EG: Who's job is that to get those?

WF: The only documents I knew about were the ones I gave to you.

JJ: I don't think it matters too much, I was just baffled by how many there were. Number 2, I spoke to PR about 20 minutes ago, he said there is a possibility that the Annex cost is going to be waived for the performance and that is going through StageSoc committee as we speak. He has paid the rights and sent me proof of that, but he also needs more money for band parts but I can't send him that money until I get on the account which relies on the postal service. Number 3, prizes for the Harry Potter quiz? I don't know how many people there were or what prizes you want but we need to do that at some point as we promised that.

CT: At some point I will go to poundland and I will have a set budget, get some snacks and I'll get reimbursed for it and throw them at people.

Jl: Number 4, if we are going to keep doing zoom socials, we should definitely get zoom premium. RM said this like 2 months ago but it was so annoying during the quiz that we had to keep restarting the call.

JG: Can we not just use teams?

CT: There were some people on the social that didn't have uni emails anymore so I couldn't use teams.

WF: Couldn't they just make a microsoft account and then use teams?

CT: I don't know

Jl: Final thing, the whole committee now has membership, yippee! I haven't done the outstanding payments messages yet but I will do that.

RM: Jl I don't know if I did, but did I pay for my committee tshirt?

Jl: I can't check until I get on the account so if you can all send me a message if you have then I can make a preliminary.

WF: You can send out things about outstanding payments now but also hit people in early January when they get their loans in as that is often a good tactic because they then feel like they are rich and get to spend money on things that they owe.

[Annex right costs possibly being waived. HP quiz winners to receive prizes. Teams to be used to social events. Outstanding payments to be sent messages.](#)

Social Update:

BP: AW are you able to host/use your Jackbox for the games social?

AW: When is this?

BP: Saturday either 7 or 8 go vote on the poll.

WF: If you've got more than 8 people you'd need some people to go in the audience section or you'll need to have two people with the game.

RM: We could have separate break out rooms and people could be playing different things like psych.

WF: Have you got anything else planned for lockdown?

BP: RM wanted to do a fundraiser for the double bill.

RM: Yes but I need to check with the rest of my team as we might do it later so that we have more time to advertise for it. Also regarding socials, should we not do any during that period that people might be travelling home, or do we not worry about it that much?

WF: If it is something you are doing casually online then you should just go ahead with it but obviously nothing that is dependent on a lot of people being there.

RM: I am just thinking the weekend after people have gone home they will probably be spending it with family.

WF: Yeah don't put a lot of effort into something but if you have something going on, even if it's just playing some games or have people chatting.

BP: For the week after lockdown to the week we leave?

WF: Yeah, so in the next two weeks I'd say try and hold some kind of small event. We'll see how Saturday goes to see if people are interacting with it or not.

BP: Do you mean online or in person?

WF: I do mean online, we can't do anything in person sadly.

BP: Even if lockdown lifts?

WF: Yeah it isn't worth planning anything post lockdown this side of christmas.

BP: From January we can again?

WF: Hopefully, if there isn't another lockdown.

RM: Do we want to do something special for christmas? Normally we would have the Christmas ball but RIP. Do we want to do something similar to wear a nice dress and sit in front of our computers? Or do something christmassy.

WF: You could potentially coordinate something with the winter cabaret and make it more of a social thing either afterwards or before?

[Games social happening Saturday. Double bill fundraiser being organised. More online socials in and after lockdown being planned. A Christmas social to be planned possible in collaboration with winter cabaret.](#)

### Development Update:

JG: We've been in contact with people to do prod team workshops. We don't really know whether to get them filmed and out before lockdown ends because we have quite a few or wait until after exam time? Unless that is too late for pitches to happen.

WF: What sort of format were you planning when you were talking to people about it. Were you saying they record something and people watch it?

JG: Well the later it is, if it's after christmas we might be able to do 25 people in a room in person. If before then then we'll probably do video.

WF: You could get some of those people to make shorter videos to do an online workshop type thing before christmas just so that people have got the information. Then maybe an unrelated in person thing for the week we get back after Christmas because the one during the exam week is usually a games workshop who people that aren't too busy can come to and relax.

BP: When is cabaret? Did you say the due date is the last weekend of lockdown, so how is it happening?

JG: The due date is the weekend after lockdown ends I think and then I will try and have it edited, it is normally a Wednesday isn't it? So we can either do it then or the next week after term ends. But I don't think it really matters.

WF: No it doesn't

BP: So the 12th or the 13th?

JG: Yeah, or the day after that.

EG: So going back to the prod workshops, last week PR mentioned he would want a Producer and Musical Director workshop out soon because of his project he has planned. But it might be worth doing a general workshop production team one where we briefly go through all the roles we have in a prod team and do the more in depth ones as soon as we can. If we can get them out before christmas that would be good but if not even just after Christmas would be good if that coincides with PR.

JG: Yeah those two are the easiest ones as IS said she can do one and I can get HM to do one with SW.

EG: As long as you get someone for each roll you could even do it in a zoom call as a little presentation.

JG: I'd also want to do another Musical Director one with ME to do one about the band because we haven't had one about that this year. But other than that yes, that can happen.

WF: You can always do one where you start off with the prod team as a whole and then it goes into the different videos if you've got them from people rather than splitting it into multiple weeks. Or if they say enough you could say, even if it goes past term into Christmas "hey every week there will be a new video for part of the production team process". And then make it available afterwards as well and have a consistent time where people can come along and watch it if they want but also they have all the information. That would be good to get people into prod teams.

RM: So due dates for videos is the first weekend after lockdown, which is 5/6th December. So is that you need them completely edited? So do you want to say that if people need help editing then there is help available.

JG: That would mean either it needs to be finished and edited, or if I am helping them edit it then that needs to be with me before then. So it will include editing time if it doesn't include me editing.

[Prod team role workshop/videos being organised. Cabaret deadlines to be advertised.](#)

#### Web & Promo:

AW: I've got some musical brackets to go out in the next couple of days.

WF: Is the 24 video going to be put onto the playlist?

AW: Yes that is up. It took me a while to workout youtube as I haven't really used it before.

WF: Amazing, so EG can message all the people back asking about that.

EG: Where are you at with the musical bracket?

AW: I am only like 4 through because I took a little break these past few days, that's on me.

WF: Are they going to be consistent from here on?

AW: Am I a consistent person? That is your answer.

EG & WF: No.

EG: My other point was to remind you to make the post letting society members know they can get a website login and password to view past shows.

RM: This is a big request, but for future socials would BP and I be able to have the instagram login so that we can post on stories?

AW: Sure, I guess.

BP: Or maybe only one of us, not both.

[24 video is on the website. Society member's website logins to be advertised. Musical brackets still being posted.](#)

#### Welfare Update:

NR: We have 10 responses back on society clothing but I think we will keep it open a bit longer. How long should we keep it open for? A couple of weeks/End of term?

CT: Might as well.

WF: Yeah, if you're not going to get them for christmas.

TP: Society feedback I should have finished by this evening as I am on a roll tonight. Some of the comments have really made me laugh, not in a bad way, just that some of the comments were quite comedic. Also no one wants to go on a walk with me, someone come on a walk with me! Thirdly, I am going to do a fun advert for the water bottles I promise.

NR: We should probably find out where we get them from before we advertise them.

TP: That's true we should do that.

NR: I will sort that out.

TP: I think we have 24 as I counted them the other day.

NR: Oh you mean for the ones we have already. I thought you meant for new ones.

TP: I'm looking at society feedback from last year and under each section it says "TLDR". What does that mean?

CT: "Too long, didn't read".

WF: It's a summary basically.

TP: Oh a summary of each section?

WF: Yeah so if someone can't be asked to read all of the stuff, here's basically the gist.

[Society clothing form to be open a couple more weeks. Society Feedback nearly finished.](#)

Tours Update:

EG: Have we got in contact about the Made In Dagenham recording?

WF: Yeah I've got that all now.

EG: Fab! When do we want to plan to do that Kast stream then? We normally do it around the time of the show, so we could do it the last week of lockdown?

WF: It was the 4th-7th December last year so maybe around that time.

CT: Yeah we can arrange it soon because it isn't far.

WF: I guess the last few days of lockdown maybe? Could even take the Thursday of the 3rd maybe. But we'll see what makes sense. I put little credits at the end which is nice. I've also got the BMC video now but obviously we won't be doing that for a while, but it exists!

[Made in Dagenham NSSC coming soon.](#)

Original Writing Update:

JG: We are going to have a script for everyone to read a week or two after we come back for next term, so just a warning for that. Do you think we will want a week, is that alright with everyone?

BP: Is that for Chicken Run?

JG: No HM is doing a show for her commercial comp module, so that will be fun!

[Script for an original musical coming soon \(after christmas\)](#)

AOB:

NR: Am I okay to do my yoga session Wednesday next week?

EG: Are you doing it in the day or in the evening as we'll have rehearsals.

NR: In the day.

EG: Cool.

NR: That's another reason I wanted to do it in the day so that it is different from a social by doing an activity in the day.

WF: You can start promo-ing that if you want whenever you want.

[Nadia's yoga session to be advertised.](#)

WF: We will keep with the 6pm on Thursdays as the time for committee for the rest of the Term. Unless workshop want the thursdays to release videos but who knows. Hopefully we will have a workshop the first week back after christmas if we can so we can switch to the tuesday that week.

[Committee remaining the same time \(6pm Thurs\) for the rest of term.](#)