

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)  
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)  
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)  
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)  
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)  
JG - John Galbraith (Development)  
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)  
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)  
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

### APOLOGIES:

BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)  
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)

### NON-COMMITTEE:

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

KH - Katie Hallam  
PR - Patrick Riley  
HM - Hannah Maskall  
SW - Sacha Wood

## Minutes in a Minute



RENT:

Freshers Project:  
Online content being posted.  
Liaison session tbc.

L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:  
Material nearly all taught.

Treasurer:  
Access key almost sorted.

Social Secretaries:  
Xmas social being organised.

Development Officers:  
MD workshop next week.  
Xmas cabaret soon.

Web and Promotions Officer:  
MT bracket being posted to instagram.  
John's wine tasting vid coming next for committee days.  
2020 1st lockdown content to be posted.

Welfare Officers:  
Society Feedback to be posted.  
Tours Officer (Other Tours):  
Made in Dagenham NSSC soon.

Original Writing Officer:

AOB:

\*\*\*This committee was conducted over a teams video call due to COVID-19 restrictions

(Apologies, recording didn't start so first few updates are bullet points)

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

Nothing

Fresher's Project:

- Material is being sent out online
- 2nd song was out this week and KH is sending some dance material out this week.
- We are in talks with PR about a date in March
- Liaison session with TP is being organised and he will make a poll to organise a time that works for everyone.
- EG made a post about membership with a link to the website  
[Online material being sent out. Show dates tbc. Liaison being organised.](#)

(RM joined the call)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

- Nearly finished teaching all the material for L5Y.
- AW asked for the PA house key from RM to look for costumes and props  
[Material almost all taught. PA house run for costume/props](#)

Treasurer Update:

- Mail wasn't being sent to showstoppers (bit of a mess!)
- JI going in to branch soon to get access key  
[Access key almost sorted.](#)

Social Update:

RM: Okay so Xmas social, any ideas?

EG: You could collab with development and do the xmas social with winter cabaret as a call after the Kast?

WF: Even just a chill drinking and chatting one could work as we haven't done one of those in a while. And like the one the other day we just ended up playing different games. I'd also like to bring up that as a committee last year we had the approach of

viewing socials like workshops so committee are generally expected to attend them and show support unless they can't make it in which case they send apologies. I think it would be good to get in the practice of that again and it's okay not to be able to attend but if you can you should show your support. Likewise with any of the committee days.

NR: My yoga session!

[Xmas social being organised.](#)

Development Update:

JG: We've had 5 numbers for cabaret submitted so far. My house is doing a song! I think a committee number is going to be too much work unless anyone has a burning desire to do it as it'll be a nightmare to edit.

WF: Can we do committee sings "Imagine".

NR: We'd have to do it exactly how the celebrities did it!

JG: We've also got the Musical Director workshop which I will make an event for either today or tomorrow. It will be next Thursday before committee by me, HM and SW. And I don't know how many weeks are left but I was thinking of teaching everyone a number instead of the workshop number workshop to get everyone singing.

WF: What time will the MD workshop be?

JG: 5-6pm I thought.

WF: Okay if you can make a post about that soon then that would be great! It might be worth seeing if that time makes sense for a workshop number too or if not we can switch it to 6pm and move committee time around. If you make a poll to see who can make that time, or add an option of "no I can't make that time but i'm still interested" as that would be good to know.

[MD workshop next week. Winter cabaret soon.](#)

Web & Promo:

AW: Bracket is going out as much as I can remember, I'm working on trying to be consistent. RM what did you want the instagram for again remind me?

RM: For socials to show what we get up to on socials.

AW: Yeah if you post on the stories I can create a highlight for you that says "socials". Workshop can do this too if they wanted to?

JG: Yeah sure if we have something to film!

RM: You could use it for advertising cabaret, do some sneak previews or a trailer if you really wanted to.

AW: Committee days, thank you NR for hosting so many! Who is next?

JG: MEEEE!

AW: Ah JG with wine tasting.

WF: For the brackets, maybe if you set yourself a routine so say "On this day of the week I'll post a couple" and stick to something like that so that they are less sporadic.

AW: I will try but I am bad at scheduling things.

RM: What if we all set reminders and all message you at once and spam you.

CT: I was going to make a playlist of all the albums on the bracket for the Showstoppers Spotify account if you want that? Then when you get to the less busy rounds you could share songs and be like "give these a listen" and then even open up a discussion when it gets to the semifinals.

AW: 15 mins. I need to get my week filmed soon. Is everyone I originally asked still happy to do countdown?

WF: I was having a look back through some of the material we put out in the 2020 [lockdown] group and I was thinking it would be nice to collate a bunch of the stuff we did, and i'm happy to do this, and cut a bit down into highlights and put out for people over christmas as a little collection of something to watch from the lockdown. So the freshers can see what we got up to, I was thinking some of the 'musicals explained' videos and CT mentioned her spotify playlist which we can put out.

CT: Can that include the showstoppers vine compilation?

WF: That's pretty much all sorted, then that will be good as we can say "here's something new we made and here's all the other stuff". I was thinking of making a 'link tree' or something like that then I can link the youtube and spotify playlists.

[MT bracket still being posted to instagram. John's wine tasting is next in committee weeks. Some 2020 group content to be posted.](#)

Welfare Update:

*(TP read out last years society feedback)*

EG: What happens now with the society feedback, where does that go? Does it just get posted to the facebook group or do I need to upload it to the website?

CT: It can get posted under 'feedback' where the general show feedback goes but normally we just post it onto the Showstoppers group.

TP: I will proof read it and upload that then.

WF: For the most part of that the only things I were getting as potential criticisms that we can implement, obviously this year they're not the most helpful things in the world but to keep in mind for next year things like the Independent slot being better explained and more notice for pitches. And then also fresher integration which we are trying as much as we can do at the moment, the fresher project is a great step towards that but it is always going to fall short of last year because of everything happening. As long as we continue with that spirit in mind.

CT: One year people are going to realise that webmasters can't help the fact that the website is shit.

WF: Yeah, without restarting the whole thing it's not going to happen.

JG: How much would it be to get someone to do it again? Cause if it's worth it...

WF: It's more about it being accessible easy to maintain and improve over time and we

can't guarantee always having someone who has loads of experience in that field in the position. The website is already integrated with all the information we need and people don't really use it for up to date information and if you are then get with the times and sell your soul to facebook.

RM: What is actually wrong with the website?

CT: Nothing is wrong with it with what is presented to someone that clicks on the website but you can't edit anything, you can't put any text on it or change anything that is set for like membership and shows. It's not an easy website to navigate at all.

WF: If you look at TG's website for example they don't try to do as much with it but it's very fit for purpose.

CT: You can't upload pictures unless you go through the backdoor of the website and transfer them from your computer to the database of the website...that's so dumb! Imagine headshots!

TP: Please can you make the website snow because it's October and there is no snow.

AW: Yeah sure. We have snow!

[Society Feedback to be posted.](#)

Tours Update:

WF: Do we want to set a date for the Made in Dagenham NSSC?

EG: Yes please! So we originally said maybe the last few days of lockdown or we can do Thursday 3rd but now with Tier 2 no one is really able to do anything anyway so we could just keep it the thursday as most people seem to be able to do Thursday evening and that will give us a week to advertise it. I'll also advertise it on the MID cast/prod facebook page.

WF: If we've got free evenings Thursday, Friday, Saturday perhaps we offer those as an option? If we do a poll either this evening or tomorrow.

EG: I'm not clashing with a social Saturday 5th am I?

WF: Yeah do Thursday and Friday then.

JG: Can it not be Thursday as we have workshop and committee?

WF: Would you rather not have it after then?

CT: It would be a jam packed day of showstoppers otherwise so would be nicer to spread it out.

RM: We could do a social on the 12th instead?

JG: That is going to be when cabaret is I think if that makes any difference to that?

EG: Well if there is going to be a cabaret social anyway on the 12th?

WF: No keep the social on the 5th, maybe poll and see if people want to potentially do the Friday or the Sunday then? It's better to give options so as many people as possible can attend.

Jl: Why can't we just push it back 2 weeks?

WF: We could do, but then we are waiting quite a while.

Jl: There's no rush on it is there? There's no point having Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

WF: All I'm thinking is if Workshop are doing a workshop number like deal that would be

the following Thursday with a social and cabaret the 12th you have the same situation the week after.

EG: That's quite far in advance and we want to provide people with something now.

CT: By then most people will be home for christmas too and we want to leave that to family time.

EG: Yeah I would rather have it in term time.

WF: We tend to keep things in the academic term, we could push it back that far but I don't think having a workshop and social in one week is an overload if you then also add in a NSSC. So let's see for this Friday and Sunday.

EG: Okay so I will advertise for 4th and 6th then and we'll see from the poll which date is more popular.

WF: You could offer multiple times too maybe?

EG: I find it's easier to stick to a time. 8pm that isn't a rehearsal day tends to work quite well as it isn't too late or too early, then if they can't make it it goes on the website anyway through their login which AW still needs to post about.

WF: Also the 4th is exactly a year from opening night.

EG: That's the other thing, we always watch NSSC around a year after the show!

[Made in Dagenham NSSC soon - date tbc.](#)

Original Writing Update:

Nothing

AOB:

Nothing