

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)  
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)  
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)  
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)  
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)  
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)  
JG - John Galbraith (Development)  
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)  
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)  
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)  
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

### APOLOGIES:

### NON-COMMITTEE:

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

KH - Katie Hallam  
PR - Patrick Riley  
OJ - Ollie Johnson  
MS - Maciek Shasha

## Minutes in a Minute



### RENT:

1 lib still to be collected

### Freshers Project:

Liaison session tbc

### L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:

Material nearly all taught

### Treasurer:

Money box to be bought. SA libs to be returned and get deposit back. Plan for ticket payments for shows to be sorted

### Social Secretaries:

Games Social on Saturday

### Development Officers:

Winter cabaret submission deadline is next week.

### Web and Promotions Officer:

More committee days to come.  
Countdown being organised

### Welfare Officers:

### Tours Officer (Other Tours):

Made In Dagenham NSSC this Sunday

### Original Writing Officer:

### AOB:

\*\*\*This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

WF: I have one more of the libs now and waiting on one more. I also need to sort the Spring Awakening libs from NSDF to return.

Fresher's Project:

ME: Not really much to update, there's still stuff being sent out every week. KH hasn't sent out a dance one yet as she's been busy.

TP: I posted on the page but I keep forgetting to post a poll on how people want to go about doing it. As if people aren't as cool with a teams call I was thinking of making a group chat with them and me as everything is so disjointed, unless you think that's a bad idea?

WF: No that could be a good way to do it.

TP: I'm happy to do a teams call with the prod team as they won't care but the cast might be like "who is this boy".

ME: I'm still discussing annex days with PR and finalise and we are thinking of doing an online social with the cast at some point.

RM: I was thinking for liaison just generally at the moment you could make a google form where they can make a comment so if they don't have anything to say during a liaison session but they have something to say, for example they come out of rehearsal and think "that was a good rehearsal" they could go put a message in the form, kind of like jot forms.

EG: The only thing with that, once they've met TP through a teams call or whatever then they should be going to him for that. I worry otherwise we will have the issue with jotforms and google forms you can't respond and give feedback to that person on their issue.

[Liaison session to be sorted.](#)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

RM: We've continued rehearsals, we've got one song left for L5Y and on Monday we did a little concert for the cast to each show one of their songs to the rest of the cast and prod team.

[Material nearly finished being taught!](#)

Treasurer Update:

Jl: An update on the nightmare that has finally come to an end. Today I've finally picked up

this thing (\*holds up security key) which means I can actually do my job. I've just cracked out the big bag which has the money box in it and we need a new money box because it's the most annoying thing in the world, but the urgency of that depends on how much cash payment there is going to be with the new shows. Because if we do everything COVID friendly we shouldn't do any cash payments, therefore, I don't need to buy a new money box.

RM: Double bill if we can get an audience at all it will be only 5-10 people and out of them I reckon most of them will be pre-booked and won't use cash.

Jl: So if we can push for that then I won't need to buy one.

WF: Have you got a way to do that?

Jl: Has it always been cash?

CT: We looked into getting a card payment last year but they take a large % off it.

WF: Yeah they take like 5% so it wasn't really worth it for the convenience of it. If there's a way to sort online ticket payments I don't know we'd have to look into that.

RM: Can we just use the bank details?

WF: That's not the most convenient way.

BP: Isn't the annex capacity more like 25?

CT: That is including cast, band and tech though so you have to factor them in.

AW: As far as I know there's no way you can easily make it mandatory for people to have to pay before reserving a ticket. I can look into it if we want though.

Jl: Is there a way of cleaning money?

AW: You just have the person collecting the money wearing gloves

Jl: Therefore, can I buy a new money box, do I have permission to do that?

WF: Yes I think that is a reasonable expense. We will already have a system set up to make sure we have enough slots to book and that doesn't get overbooked just using google forms then we can deal with the money aspects once bookings are made since it won't be many people it should be easy to deal with that by maybe sending a message to sort bank transferring money. So if the prod teams can make sure they have a plan for how they will deal with that that'd be great.

Jl: One more thing, can prod teams keep pushing for membership of not only cast but also prod members. Since EG made the post to the freshers group I've had 4 more people come in but if we keep pushing that it would be very helpful.

WF: I was speaking to OJ who has the spring awakening libs from NSDF and we weren't sure what happened money wise with that because we are assuming an initial payment was made for those libs. OJ received an email from MTI saying we've treated your performance as being cancelled so we are not sure if when we send the libs back we will be having more money coming in from them as well. I've asked OJ to email them back but if you can check Jl I assume there was an initial payment?

Jl: You would assume so.

[Joe to buy a money box. Ticket payment plans to be sorted by prod teams. SA libs to be returned](#)

Social Update:

RM: We have a social this week! Hope you can all make it. We are going to do some games!  
In the event I mentioned a game called Empires but I realised people may not know what it is. I play with my family and it's one I know works online as well as in person.

AW: Is that the one where you have to guess people's names?

RM: Yes!

AW: Everyone knows that's Kingdoms not Empires!

CT: We play Empires with random words not names.

AW: That's boring as random words there's no psychology to it.

WF: Yeah there is.

AW: Do you pick the word?

CT: You pick a word, then someone reads through all the words and adds 3 bonus words in that no one has said

RM: We do it as people dead or alive, real or not real.

[Games workshop this week!](#)

Development Update:

JG: Thank you everyone for coming today! Hope it was fun.

BP: What did I miss?

ME: You missed JG interviewing the best MD's of the society and giving a fabulous account of what it's like to be a musical director so you really missed out (\*sassed).

JG: And 2 freshers were there! And cabaret should've closed yesterday but I didn't remember that.

ME: Thank you to everyone who signed up! We loved reading your responses to the reindeer questions. Deadline to submit them is next wednesday I know it's assignment week but if you signed up you signed up!

[Winter cabaret sign up deadline closed. Submission deadline next wednesday.](#)

Web & Promo:

AW: Thank you JG for your wine review! My countdown should be recording some time during the week. We need 4 more people so if any of you are interested.

BP: Am I not next week?

AW: You might be, we can switch if not to give me more time

BP: So what is your countdown thing?

AW: Just playing countdown.

BP: Please can I do it then I love countdown!!

WF: JG also wanted to do it.

RM: I'll do it too which makes 3 of us then you just need another person.

NR: I mentioned it to PR and he said he'd be interested in doing it so maybe message him?

WF: If you then put everyone involved into a group chat this evening.

WF: Anything else for web and promo?

AW: I know by this point you probably all want to kill me. Those feelings are normal and natural. So feel free to act on them, I wouldn't blame you.

NR: I love you AW!

[Bitsy's committee week is on its way. Countdown being organised.](#)

Welfare Update:

TP: Hope everyone is doing okay!

NR: I sent a message on the group and went on a walk with some people so I might do a couple more of those if anyone wants to join me on a walk anytime.

EG: When is the water bottles video coming out TP?

TP: I'm really sorry I will do it.

EG: Don't apologise I was just curious.

[NR to possibly organise some random walks.](#)

Tours Update:

EG: Dagenham NSSC on Sunday. Come watch it! Most of you were in it.

WF: Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your pets.

RM: I don't think I can come! I'm really sorry :(

EG: You're off committee!

[Made in Dagenham NSSC on Sunday.](#)

Original Writing Update:

Nothing

AOB:

Jl: In reply, I have an outgoing payment to OJ of around what you would expect a deposit to be. I will check with MS whether that was actually a deposit but I reckon we go with yes and expect that money back as a refund.