

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)  
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)  
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)  
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)  
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)  
JG - John Galbraith (Development)  
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)  
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)

### APOLOGIES:

JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)  
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)  
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

### NON-COMMITTEE:

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

KH - Katie Hallam  
HM - Hannah Maskall

## Minutes in a Minute



### RENT:

Libs to be returned.  
People to collect cast clothing

### Freshers Project:

Online rehearsals being planned

### L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:

Cast clothing to be ordered  
Audition feedback to be done.

### Treasurer:

### Social Secretaries:

Quiz social this Saturday

### Development Officers:

OW workshop next week.  
Committee roles workshop to be planned prior to AGM.

### Web and Promotions Officer:

### Welfare Officers:

Society clothing to be collected from  
Wessex Clothing

### Tours Officer (Other Tours):

ILYB NSSC date to be chosen (poll)

### Original Writing Officer:

Script approved, Pitches 2pm 14th Feb

### AOB:

Post to gauge interest of NUCC  
(National University Choir Competition)

\*\*\*This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

#### Society Update:

Nothing

#### RENT Update:

WF: Cast clothing is still being handed out. I'll get the last lib at some point.

[Libs still to be returned. People to collect their cast clothing to be collected](#)

#### Fresher's Project:

ME: JG did his poll and it was a disappointing response as we had 21 one of them see it and only 10 vote on the poll.

JG: They all said they would do online rehearsals and performances though.

ME: So we were going to ask your opinion, do you want us to go forward with online rehearsals even though half of them did not respond?

WF: If they didn't vote you take that as they don't mind as they haven't objected to it

ME: Okay, KH isn't at home at the moment so she can't film online rehearsals as she works so when she is back in Southampton she'll be able to film herself dancing.

[Online rehearsals starting soon](#)

#### Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

RM: We've not had rehearsals this week or last week so not much different. Show is being pushed back so that it can still go ahead and prod team are meeting tomorrow to work everything out. Cast clothing form should be out this week or next.

[Cast clothing being sorted](#)

#### Treasurer Update:

Nothing

#### Social Update:

BP: It's in 2 days, with one of the rounds I will be impressed if anyone gets all of them right.

RM: It's not going to be a normal quiz!

BP: We need to decide if people are going to be in teams.

RM: We were thinking people can do it with their houses/family.

BP: We need to plan some February ones and then March is the end.

[Quiz Social this Saturday.](#)

#### Development Update:

JG: We've got a workshop planned next Thursday of one of HM's songs from the

Independent. We will also be in contact with people about prod team workshops soon.

[OW/Independent show song workshop next week.](#)

Web & Promo:

Nothing

Welfare Update:

NR: Is there anyone who can pick up society clothing?

EG: I can as I have my car back now.

NR: What day so that I can let them know when to expect you?

EG: Monday?

NR: Okay fab thanks, let me know when you have got it and I will make a post about it. Shall I say they come pick them up from you?

EG: Yeah they can just come pick them up from our house.

[Society clothing to be collected from Wessex Clothing](#)

Tours Update:

EG: Shall we set a date for ILYB viewing?

BP: Is the video ready?

WF: Yes I have it. Unfortunately it is the version when I forget all my lines at the end!

EG: I think next week will be good since the following week we have the pitch and it will be around a year since the shows.

WF: Yeah it was 5th-8th. Lets do a poll to see what dates people can do but around Friday 5th would be a good time to do it.

EG: Okay I'll make a poll.

[Poll for ILYB NSSC to be made.](#)

Original Writing Update:

JG: Is everyone ready to approve or decline the script?

WF: Well has everyone read it is the first question?

BP: I've read it and HM sent me the songs as well.

EG: Apologies I haven't read it yet as i've only just finished assignments but I will read it tonight.

RM: Will there be an actual pitch as well?

JG: Yes we'll sort a pitch once the script is approved.

CT: Could committee be sent the songs BP was sent?

BP: Yeah I can share the google drive in the chat.

WF: If none of committee have any strong objections then it's up to you JG if you're happy to let a pitch go ahead.

JG: We would love to pitch 2 weeks from now.  
WF: 11th that would be.  
JG: We don't want to do the same day as comm obviously so is everyone happy with the weekend. Saturday 13th?  
EG: As long as it doesn't clash with rehearsals timing wise.  
JG: Is that double bill slot?  
CT: Yes but it will be done by 6pm.  
EG: Is it easier to make it the Sunday the?  
BP: Valentines day!  
EG: We can do it in the day then not the evening.  
CT: 2pm Sunday 14th?  
JG: Yeah.  
WF: Do you want to make a post for that JG?  
JG: I would love to.  
WF: Make it an event actually then you can always share the event as a post into the group.  
CT: Can you encourage freshers to come to it in the freshers group too.  
WF: Yeah the more experience they have the better! Also is anyone on committee involved?  
JG: Yes, me and NR.

[Independent pitch 2pm Sunday 14th.](#)

AOB:

RM: Do we at any point need to sort feedback from auditions?  
NR: Which auditions?  
BP: Double bill, L5Y and PIT.  
WF: Yes.  
RM: When does it need to be done by?  
CT: It's typically done either the week after or the year after there's no track record, it depends on the prod team so just as soon as you can do it.  
WF: Preferably before the show ends?

[Double bill audition feedback to be completed.](#)

BP: The NUCC thing that AW was posting about, is anything happening with that?  
CT: So basically someone messaged the page with all the information and the rules. It's a choir competition online across universities, we'd have to see if there's interest within the society to do it.  
BP: Is AW going to make a post about it?  
CT: You would think so.  
RM: Could this be a cool opportunity for a workshop potentially even building on the one that's happening Thursday?  
JG: We'll see what happens. I think we are doing the group version of a duet but there's a song at the end that could potentially work so we'll get back to you when it happens

BP: Is there a deadline as well?

CT: Probably!

BP: Okay, I didn't actually read all the information properly.

CT: Basically, It's a couple of different groups doing performances of up to the length of 10 minutes. Then, i've just opened up the judging criteria, you're judged on your blending, arrangement, the rhythmic accuracy etc and you can have 3 groups do a song. It is £40 to enter. Also it has got to be arranged by people in or alumni of the Society.

[Post to gauge interest in NUCC to be made.](#)

BP: The other thing was AGM. When do we start talking/doing that?

WF: A good way to go about it would be hold a specific workshop about committee like we normally do to say all committee members are present and please come along and find about the roles if you are interested and then depending on how that goes we can look into it.

[Committee roles workshop to be made ahead of AGM](#)