

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)  
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)  
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)  
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)  
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)  
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)  
JG - John Galbraith (Development)  
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)  
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)  
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)  
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

### APOLOGIES:

### NON-COMMITTEE:

PR - Patrick Riley

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

JT - Juliette Taylor  
KH - Katie Hallam  
HM - Hannah Maskall  
ME\* - Molly Ellis

## Minutes in a Minute



### RENT:

Libs to be returned

### Freshers Project:

Online rehearsals starting soon.

### L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:

Cast clothing being ordered soon.

Fundraiser being planned

### Treasurer:

New camera to be bought

### Social Secretaries:

### Development Officers:

Prod team roles workshop being planned.

Mountview Workshops offered.

### Web and Promotions Officer:

Yearbook finished and pdf to be uploaded. MID, cabaret and leavers awards to be uploaded.

### Welfare Officers:

### Tours Officer (Other Tours):

ILYB NSSC viewing this Friday

### Original Writing Officer:

Independent pitches 14th Feb

### AOB:

NUCC post to be made to gauge interest.

Online AGM to be organised.

\*\*\*This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

#### Society Update:

WF: I got an email about the choir competition (NUCC). They've given me an account to send the payment to and they've made a group chat and only one person needs to join that.

BP: I have already done all that, I can talk about it in my AOB.

#### RENT Update:

WF: I will get the last lib soon as I have messaged and the MTI hire library is back open so I will be able to send them back soon.

[Libs to be returned.](#)

#### Fresher's Project:

ME: JG has started recording some backing tracks for online rehearsals to start. I've spoken to KH and because campus teaching is starting back soon she is staying at home which means she doesn't have the space to do live rehearsals but she may be able to send out some recorded tutorials. We are hoping to start next week onwards.

[Online rehearsals starting shortly.](#)

#### Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

PR: We've got rehearsals for the next two weeks finalising things. We are planning a mini online concert between the two casts just before Easter. Hopefully we will get into in person teaching when in person teaching for the university starts. The show has been pushed back to be put on near the end of April, if that can't happen then the cast have unanimously decided that we would rather postpone the show again to after exams and do some sort of in person performance, whether that is a live stream or live audience we will see nearer the time.

RM: Cast clothing form has been put out for L5Y.

PR: Yes, and PIT went out a while ago so we should be getting that sent off soon.

[Show dates pushed back. Cast clothing form has been sent out](#)

#### Treasurer Update:

(\*JI is playing background music)

BP: This sounds like a porno

PR: Are you trying to seduce us?

JI: Most rent clothing has been paid for, society clothing i'm only missing a couple people's payments. For cast clothing going out if producers can send me a list of everyone who has ordered and an invoice.

[Money money money.](#)

### Social Update:

BP: We had one! We've sent JT her card for winning and I thought it went well! We've got ideas, CT gave us one and RM has another, so we have ideas to do 2 or 3 more before we are social secs no more!

RM: We also need to do a social fundraiser for double bill.

PR: I am already planning that, it is in the works. The plan is to do a Cards Against Humanity probably sometime end of February / early March. I was going to chat with RM when you'd like to do it and when it fits into social sec stuff.

[Socials being planned. Double bill fundraiser.](#)

### Development Update:

JG: We had a workshop today from HM and we want to get on the prod team ones from a fortnight from now. We also need to do pitching workshop and committee workshop then that is us for the year.

PR: How are the committee and prod team workshops working? Are you doing one for all roles or one for each individual prod role?

JG: We were going to do individual ones for prod roles and then the comm one I guess we'll do break out rooms.

WF: I got an email from someone at Mountview saying we could have some free online Zoom workshops if we'd like to do that. They've said are we interested in either free zoom workshops or Q&A sessions with our society. They have 3 different types:

- Theatre for community and education, 90 mins covering practical techniques and creative reflections on how to use theatre as a tool for social transformation;
- Creative producing, 60 min workshop on the role of creative producers;
- Musical direction one, 60 mins.

[Prod team role workshop being planned for 2 weeks time.](#)

[Mountview workshops have been offered.](#)

### Web & Promo:

AW: The yearbook is officially done.

BP: Only took 6 months!

AW: I just have to go through and download all the fonts then I will upload the pdf. I know we said to do an online version but I thought I will see if there is interest to make a physical copy. Next, uploads for cabaret and MID, my internet is not doing well. I've been constantly trying but it's taking ages. It will happen when it happens, it might be when I get back to university and my wifi there.

CT: The Wifi we elected you for.

AW: Leavers awards was mentioned, could someone clarify?

CT: The leavers awards video to be uploaded.

AW: Okay, if WF could send me an unlisted link for that because it is on your youtube page.

I can then add it to a playlist on our page.  
2019-2020 yearbook finished and pdf to be uploaded. Cabaret videos, MID and leavers awards to be uploaded.

Welfare Update:

Nothing

Tours Update:

EG: I Love You Because NSSC is tomorrow! I'll make a post reminding people on the event.

PR: Has anyone received the account details for the tours email account?

WF: Not to my knowledge.

PR: I think the account has been reset by someone

CT: AW can reset it.

ILYB NSSC tomorrow!

Original Writing Update:

JG: Pitch is 2pm Sunday 14th Feb.

Independent pitch 14th Feb.

AOB:

BP: National University Choir Competition (NUCC), we need to pay by the 21st February.

JJ: Can you send me the details?

BP: Yes I'll send the details today.

CT: Can we make a post to the society that we are going ahead with this.

BP: Yes so I'm going to make a post tomorrow with a poll. ME\* is happy to do all the arrangement and recording for it but we need to decide if we want to pick a song or have her pick for us? She suggested she could do a disney medley or something?

RM: I think the song depends on who's teaching it because personally I will struggle if there are harmonies, I can't just pick them up I need to be taught it.

BP: That kind of depends on who does it but what ME\* would do is record it, we wouldn't do more than a 3 part harmony, it wouldn't be longer than a 5minute song and you can just listen to your one tune/harmony.

WF: Definitely thinking ME\* arranging something would be a better option. Can it be multiple songs?

BP: She can make a medley of songs if we want her to.

JG: Can we ask the society>

BP: I'm already doing a poll of who wants to do this.

CT: It will be more straightforward for ME\* to choose the songs and then arrange it

otherwise it'll be too many voices.

WF: If she wants she can always run it by us.

PR: A Disney medley would be fun also the fact we aren't getting a 24 hour show this year and we would normally get to do a Disney show.

RM: I think it's worth waiting till the songs have been chosen to do a post then because people may decide to join based on the songs.

JG: We are doing two disney songs in the freshers project so I can tell you them to steer away from.

BP: Is there a prize? If we are paying I imagine there is a prize? There is a limit between 10-25 people too so I will say it's first come first served based on who reacts to the post/poll.

NUCC post to be made to gauge interest and songs to be decided.

PR: A lot of the projects we're doing in the next couple of months will involve a lot of filming and it would be great to have another camera. I know double bill are using SUSU TVs equipment so that's fine but if we want some nicer filmings of cabaret or live streaming of shows.

Jl: If we find someone who knows their cameras, ME\* for example, we can then look at purchasing one.

WF: Yes she has offered to help. BP could you bring that up when you talk about NUCC?

BP: Yes I can mention it.

Another camera to be bought.

AW: How are we planning to do the AGM?

CT: I'm going to ask in PA committee about the plan for online AGMs.

JG: Most societies did there's online.

PR: I helped organise the last two online PA AGMs so I might be able to help you with that one.

Online AGM to be planned at some point.