

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)
JG - John Galbraith (Development)
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

APOLOGIES:

NON-COMMITTEE:

PR - Patrick Riley
AS - Ally Scanlon
HB - Holly Barrett

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

KG - Kit Grange
ME* - Molly Ellis

Minutes in a Minute



RENT:

Freshers Project:
Online rehearsals start Monday

L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:
Cast clothing to be ordered.
Fundraiser happening end of Feb
Audition Feedback to be done.

Little Shop of Horrors:
Auditions this week (deadline 5pm Sun)
NUCC:

Schedule to be sorted

Treasurer:
Membership to be chased.
Camera to be bought.

Social Secretaries:
Family Fortunes Social Saturday

Development Officers:
Prod team roles workshop next week
Committee Workshop being planned
Mountview Workshops to be advertised
Spring Cabaret to be planned

Web and Promotions Officer:
MT bracket to be finished.
Yearbook to be released.

Welfare Officers:
Society Feedback to be posted.
Water bottles to be advertised.
Tours Officer (Other Tours):
BMC NSSC dates tbc

Original Writing Officer:
Independent pitch this Sunday

AOB:
AGM date tbc

***This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

Nothing

Fresher's Project:

ME: We are starting rehearsals on Monday. We put a long post up explaining the new format we are going to do and they've reacted to that.

TP: I will do a liaison session at some point next week as well I think.

[Online rehearsals starting Monday](#)

(*BP joined the call)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

PR: We've got one last rehearsal left then everyone is going to go away. Cast clothing is going to be ordered. In March we will have a little concert between the two casts. After Easter we are not planning to have any rehearsals but if there is the odd day where we can have a rehearsal in person and the cast is free we might do that. Then in May/June time during exams if everyone finishes early we can do some rehearsing at the end of the exam period. The show is booked in for June so we will definitely be able to do something then and we will definitely have a week before that to intensely run the show.

RM: We also have a fundraiser!

PR: In fact we will have two fundraisers! There's going to be one sometime the end of Feb to tie in with socials and it will be an online Showstoppers Cards Against Humanity then we are also going to do a Quiz during Easter as we thought everyone will be bored in Easter.

WF: Just checking the shows will still be alternating dates?

PR: Yes.

WF: Have you heard from stagesoc anything conclusive or is it still a little uncertain whether June will be operating as usual.

PR: I spoke to KG and there will be exams, miscast cabaret, the week for StageSoc panto and then us which will give us the week in between Cabaret and Double Bill to do extra rehearsals. Then once the double bill is finished Stagesoc aren't doing anything else so if people want to do things they have to run it themselves.

CT: A couple committees ago RM mentioned about audition feedback, did you guys decide anything on that?

RM: We can use the weeks we don't have rehearsals to do it.

WF: I don't know if that ties in with the checklist you were making EG if that's worth mentioning?

EG: Yeah so I have made a "Committee To Do" list as normally I keep an eye on it as I do the previous week's minutes and will bring up anything I've minuted twice in a row during committee but since I've been behind I haven't done that, so now I have made a big ole spreadsheet that people can cross off jobs as they do them.

RM: Feedback probably needs to be done for Freshers show too.

JG: We decided not to since we only saw videos.

RM: Even if you give some points of things they did good.

JG: We can think about it but we didn't offer it or ask if they wanted it at the start so seems a bit weird to do that now.

[Cast clothing to be ordered. Fundraiser coming soon. Dates have been pushed back to June. Audition Feedback to be completed.](#)

Little Shop of Horrors:

TP: I will get pitch feedback to you by the weekend!

EG: We've got auditions this week. Material was released yesterday and they have until 5pm Sunday to submit their audition. So we have a song as normal, a monologue and a dance audition. We will watch the audition videos Sunday night and then callbacks will be next week

NUCC:

BP: I've put everyone in a facebook group and I will get ME* to introduce herself but nothing is happening yet until March. I am currently sorting out the calendar so could someone send me all of the rehearsal times for everything happening at the moment for March? Does anyone have all of that information?

RM: I can correlate it all for you.

BP: ME* has picked the songs now she just needs to record bits.

PR: What days are Freshers project doing their rehearsals?

ME: WE've moved to Monday, Wednesday and Saturday to accommodate no overlap with LSoH rehearsals since no one is involved in both Freshers and Double bill. Then freshers can audition for LSoH without worrying about overlap.

PR: So BP I can send you the two Double bill rehearsal dates but it sounds like people will have rehearsals every other day apart from Thursdays.

BP: Well rehearsals will be in smaller groups so we won't need everyone to be free on the same day so we can work around that.

[Rehearsal dates to be sorted.](#)

Treasurer Update:

Jl: I am going to do a membership chase up then I have a couple more society clothing and Rent clothing payments to chase up.

CT: Not everyone on committee and not everyone in prods and casts have membership so if you're in this call and you don't have membership go get it!

WF: BP did you talk to ME* about the camera?

BP: Yes, if you want it to happen quicker I'd say get Jl to message ME*.

[Membership and payments to be chased up. Society camera to be purchased.](#)

Social Update:

RM: There's a Family Fortunes social this week on 13th.

BP: I made the powerpoint pretty!

RM: Then double bill social is two weeks after this upcoming social on the 27th.

BP: We then have one more which CT gave me an idea for and then we are done.

[Family Fortunes social this Saturday](#)

Development Update:

JG: We've got until Easter sorted or until AGM. Prod team workshop is hopefully next week which we'll make an event for. Pitching workshop is of lower priority at the moment. Committee workshop will be two weeks before when AGM was last year and a Mountview one which is March 17th I believe.

WF: I assume they are going to respond about the other two at some point.

JG: I was thinking we could publicise that to Theatre group. We haven't thought about cabaret at all since it's going to be the same as the last one.

RM: Are you asking people prod and comm to come prepared with anything to talk about their roles?

JG: Yes so we've asked prod people to prepare something.

RM: For cabaret I have an idea. Kind of like a miscast but rather than a miscast of a role you wouldn't play or a gender swap but instead you pair a character with a song and they could be from previous shows e.g. a song Jeremy since in BMC but in the style of Elle Woods! So something that is interesting to see and could throw a spin on a song.

JG: We might be stepping on PR's miscast cabaret with that but we will see what we can do to make it a bit more interactive.

[Prod team roles workshop next week. Committee workshop being planned. Mountview workshops to be advertised. Spring cabaret to be planned.](#)

Web & Promo:

AW: I will release the yearbook by Sunday, it is done I just have some tweaking bits to do.

CT: How's that bracket going?

AW: That will be finished some time....I will start it again soon...let's say this weekend!

Yearbook to be released. MT bracket to be resumed.

Welfare Update:

EG: On my list I have society feedback and water bottles to be advertised.

TP: I apologise I will get on that!

Society Feedback to be posted

Tours Update:

WF: We will do Be More Chill NSSC before Easter sometime in March and I have the video for that.

BMC NSSC dates tbc

Original Writing Update:

JG: Pitch this Sunday, be there or be square.

PR: If freshers are on one day and LSoH are the other, when are independent going to rehearse?

CT: This is going to be something we discuss at pitches not now.

Independent pitch this Sunday

AOB:

PR: Do you know when the AGM is?

WF: We will set a date soon. It will realistically be online so we will plan to do it around the normal time.

AGM date tbc

CT: In PA committee the other day we learnt that we are hopefully going to still have PA awards online and one of the awards is going to be for "online engagement during lockdowns" so get ready to campaign for an award to pay for all the effort we put in during these lockdowns!!

PA committee awards will be happening :)