

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)
JG - John Galbraith (Development)
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

APOLOGIES:

NON-COMMITTEE:

PR - Patrick Riley
GW - Gray Wood

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

ME* - Molly Ellis
DW - Daniel Williams
MS - Maciek Shasha

Minutes in a Minute



RENT:

Freshers Project:
[Online rehearsals have started](#)
L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:
[Cast clothing to be ordered.](#)
[Fundraiser on Saturday 27th](#)
[Audition Feedback to be sent out](#)
Little Shop of Horrors:
[Callbacks this week, Casting Friday.](#)

It's Complicated:

[Auditions happening.](#)

NUCC:

[Schedule to be sorted.](#)

Treasurer:

[Camera to be bought](#)

Social Secretaries:

Development Officers:

[Mountview workshops coming soon](#)
[Committee Roles workshop coming soon](#)
[Spring Cabaret to be organised](#)

Web and Promotions Officer:

[Another post to be made for yearbooks](#)
[Videos to be uploaded](#)
[MT bracket to be finished.](#)
[Prod roles workshop to be edited and uploaded.](#)

Welfare Officers:

[Society feedback to be posted](#)

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

[BMC NSSC date tbc](#)

Original Writing Officer:

AOB:

[Rhiannon to look into IUMTF](#)
[AGM date tbc](#)

***This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

Nothing

Fresher's Project:

JG: We've had some rehearsals! We are going to teach all the songs, get them to record it and then put it all together into a video.

[Online rehearsals have started.](#)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

AW: Cast clothing is being sorted, I don't know if we are going to have to do it in two batches of clothing or can Wessex Clothing do it in the same order?

CT: You can do it in one big order as long as you email them the order and specify you're doing an order of two and send 2 designs and 2 spreadsheets and make sure the spreadsheets go to the right show.

AW: Okay so that will be ordered soon.

RM: We've also got the Cards Against Humanity fundraiser coming up, all details are in the event. I liaise with JI about money transferring. PR and I have gone through the cards and chosen some new ones that apply to this year. To make it easier to do on teams people are going to be put into groups and then either PR or I will read out the blackcard, then they will go off into breakout rooms to choose their card and we will pick our favourite one.

CT: Would it not be easier to split people into two groups and have you and PR have a group each?

RM: We like the idea of doing teams so that people can explain cards when there are inside jokes. That's what I enjoyed about it last year was deciding cards together

CT: Have you guys got an idea about audition feedback?

RM: Yes we are sorting it out this Saturday.

PR: We are doing feedback for L5Y this week and then PIT this week.

[Cast clothing to be ordered. Fundraiser next week. Audition feedback to be sent out.](#)

Little Shop of Horrors:

EG: Callbacks are happening at the moment, they've happened the past two evenings. Deadline for everyone to send in their videos is tomorrow 5pm and so we are casting it tomorrow evening. Once casting is done we will start sorting audition feedback.

NR: I've almost got all the materials to start crafting!

RM: Has the fair casting been sent to the prod team?

WF: Yes it's almost completely signed.

[Callbacks this week. Casting on Friday.](#)

It's Complicated:

JG: The audition event has gone up. We're essentially doing the same as LSoH but a week behind.

[Auditions have started!](#)

NUCC:

BP: Everyone is in the facebook chat. ME* is sending me the finished arrangement tonight so all the songs are sorted. We just need the casts for both shows in order to work out rehearsals so we will have a rehearsal schedule by March.

[Arrangement has been made. Schedule to be sorted.](#)

Treasurer Update:

Jl: I have messaged ME* about the camera and said to get back to me with a list. I'm waiting on the fundraiser money but that won't come in until after the fundraiser.

CT: If NR's materials are coming in for LSoH have you got the receipts to send to Jl?

Jl: We've done some of them and then we are going to a point each week where she messages me everything and then I can do it all in a lump sum each week.

RM: My parents are sending some old foam role mats to NR for the puppets so would we be able to cover the postage? It will only be like £5/6 which is a lot cheaper than buying new foam mats.

Jl: I can cover that it's fine.

[Camera to be bought.](#)

Social Update:

RM: Family Fortunes happened! Double bill fundraiser coming up Saturday 27th, we haven't planned the one after that yet but we will get on that.

Development Update:

ME: We had our prod team workshop today which was lovely, thank you CT, EG and PR for contributing we really appreciate it! We have some of the more professional workshops coming up in the next few weeks, we've been sorting dates with WF for the Mountview workshops.

JG: We've also put in the committee workshop.

ME: Yes we've planned to do it before when we think AGM would be.

CT: Have you thought about when cabaret will be?

ME: We said we were going to focus on that more over Easter as we've had a lot of problems with freshers and their halls and so I think they'll prefer to perform at home than uni. We'll start organising it before then but leave time for people to submit by the time they are home.

EG: The AGM will probably be before Easter so you won't be Development then.

CT: It can be a little handover cabaret

JG: Our last cabaret was meant to be after we were elected and we had that overlap which was fine.

[Mountview workshops and Committee Workshops happening soon. Spring Cabaret to be planned.](#)

Web & Promo:

AW: yearbook is out now so hope everyone enjoyed it! I'm not sure people understood the form as I've only had 4 responses. So maybe people from last year didn't realise they needed to fill out the form again or maybe they no longer want a physical copy of the yearbook. So I will do an update post and see how many people respond. I'm planning to come back to Southampton next week so I will do all the video uploads then. The bracket I am planning to start up again Saturday.

(*EG laughed)

AW: Shut up EG!

CT: You're always planning to start it up Saturday.

AW: It will be this time that I finish it!

JG: AW can I send you the recording of the workshop today so that you can post that? It might be good if you can cut it up into the different people to get rid of the bits in the middle of people going "how do I get off the screen!!".

AW: Yes I can do that.

[Another post to be made about the Yearbook form. Videos to be uploaded. MT Bracket to be finished. Workshop recording to be edited and uploaded.](#)

Welfare Update:

NR: I may have made a booboo. Society clothing, on the tracksuits they don't have anyone's names so I can take them and personally embroider them as on the preview I was given of last year there's no place where the name is so they didn't print the names off. I will correct that for next year. So that's my compromise, would people want that?

ME: It's honestly fine I don't need my name!

JG: Mine don't fit.

EG: NR If you check the order form whether it was put in wrong or whether Wessex Clothing did the order wrong as if it's them they are really good at doing

refunds/reorders if you email them.

TP: We have quorum approval on society feedback so AW can you post that on the website?

EG: We post it to the page too.

CT: If AW does it as the showstoppers page into the main showstoppers group not the page so that people don't see our dirty laundry.

[Society Feedback to be posted to facebook.](#)

Tours Update:

EG: Do we want to set a date for Be More Chill NSSC for the beginning of March?

AW: Could I get the recording of BMC before then and i'll list it has private until we've had the NSSC in case I have to come back home so that I can upload it at uni.

EG: I have been in talks with PR and DW from LopSoc about sharing viewings. So we show LopSoc one of our shows and they show us one of theirs to get some inter-society fun. So my question is do we want to invite them to watch BMC with us since Showstoppers may not want to rewatch shows we've only just done NSSC for and I think it's nice to show them a current show.

CT: Sounds good.

EG: Okay I'll give the options of 6th or 7th March then.

RM: So there is activity in the Inter University Musical Theatre festival (IUMTF) group which is the event we uploaded Seasons of Love for and they want to do a similar thing but more in the format of what they usually do which is a solo, a duet and a group number. Do we want to do this or not since we already have the NUCC?

BP: I would say no as we are currently doing too much that it would be impossible to schedule.

RM: Yes that's understandable. I was thinking it'd be pretty simple to put forward like we could put forward the NUCC video as the group number, solos would be easy to take from the Double bill and PIT has group numbers.

BP: If we are allowed to use things from other projects than I think that's fine so can you ask them about that?

RM: I presume so since that's what we did with Season's of Love.

CT: Speak to them about it and then if you come up with a set list of what those songs could be then we will decide from that.

RM: Would it be a good idea for committee to choose or I could ask the directors from each show to nominate something from each show.

CT: Yeah so if you organise sorting that and choose I don't think it needs to be a committee discussion you can take the lead on that.

[BMC NSSC date tbc and to be joint with LopSoc. Rhiannon to look at possibly submitting for IUMTF](#)

Original Writing Update:

JG: We have a show!

AOB:

BP: When are we setting a date for AGM?

CT: I reckon if WF and I discuss it and send a date to the committee chat within the next few days to see what you guys think rather than discuss it now.

Jl: I have to do a presentation right that wasn't just MS choice?

CT: Yes on what we've taken in and lost this year.

EG: You have to have a little caricature as well, so he had Mr Burns and I don't remember the year before.

RM: It's a character of who you think you're a style of treasurer.

JG: I think you're Scrooge at the end of the book!

[AGM date tbc](#)

PR: I've finally got round to collecting all the minutes that other people have written from last year. All my ones shockingly are all on the website.

EG: That makes me and my lists very happy!